Heritage Owners Club

Couldn't Help Myself - Soldano Designed Goodness

I saw one of these a couple of years ago, but couldn't get myself to pay the $500 for it at the time.

jet-city-amplification-jca20hv-466429.jp

I really loved the first two JCA's I had. First was a JCA2112RC combo and second was a JCA22H. Both were killer amps, but I thought the "clean" channels was never clean. I looked into mod's and they cost twice what I paid for them. So I sold the amp in favor of the Peavey VK MH II. Which is a fine sounding amp despite it not have the push of the JCA22H, but its clean channel was actually clean. So when I saw this head come out, it combined all the features I wanted. Effects loop, single channel, presence control and depth switch. I can get all the fullness I want out of the amp at lower volumes and rock the house at higher volumes. My intent is to use a pedal in front of the amp, like my Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 or my Digitech Bad Monkey while keeping the amp "clean". This particular model was redesigned from the JCA20H to have more clean head room and sound more like a Marshall Plexi when pushed, thanks to input Joe Perry from Aerosmith working with Mike Soldano. I've been really looking for low wattage heads, particularly Fender type sounds and stumbled on this amp again. I haven't checked out Musiciansfriend's website in years. Thankfully, last night I did. This amp is nearly half what it cost two years ago. I just paid $229 to be shipped at my door for free. Its on backorder, but that's ok with me. I'm in no hurry. MSRP is $599, its normal price is $399, now its on sale, $170 off... How can I say "no" to that? Yes, this amp is made in China, however, Soldano had several demands for the amp and its made with just as much quality as any PCB board amp in made in the USA...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/jet-city-amplification-vintage-20w-tube-head-guitar-amplifier/h96948

Pretty nice deal. I had a Jet City 20w combo a few years ago

Sold it because it was too loud for my playing situation. Heck of a wait for those right now. Not expected to ship until late August.

Pretty nice deal. I had a Jet City 20w combo a few years ago

Sold it because it was too loud for my playing situation. Heck of a wait for those right now. Not expected to ship until late August.

My 535 has a delivery date of 6/1/16....

I'll keep a standing order for you... If you ever make out this far, you'll have a six pack of Bell's calling your name...

I'll take you up on that! It's me that has to break the GAS cycle now because I have a $500 bet on the line! No new gear purchases over $200, or I pay up. That includes microphones, preamps, amps, and guitars! After dropping over $14,000 on gear in the last few months (2 L5s guitars, 2014 R7, Historic SG Special, Neumann M147 mic, Dirty Girl Amp ), I've decided I'm done! And the guy that I bet has been just as bad as me when it comes to gear purchases (new R9, '65 Princeton Reverb, new ES-330, '62 Les Paul Jr) so we're just trying to keep each other on the straight and narrow! As much as I hate the idea, it's time to sell some stuff, I don't need to, but it would surely help with the clutter:)

Dan, you and your GAS buddy have a standing invite to come over to Heber for backyard wood fired BBQ/living room jam and safety meeting when your Supro ship comes in. I have a couple vintage low watt "Sound Projects" built amps to keep it company under Harmony and Lectrolab labels.

Dan, you and your GAS buddy have a standing invite to come over to Heber for backyard wood fired BBQ/living room jam and safety meeting when your Supro ship comes in. I have a couple vintage low watt "Sound Projects" built amps to keep it company under Harmony and Lectrolab labels.

Hey Wheaties, I think we could arrange that, PM the home address and phone:) The amp should be shipped soon, like I said he's just dialing it in.

I wanted the veritical 2x12 slant cabinet to go with it, but no one has them. Maybe I'll meet up with our resident wood shop foreman here and make one!

Yea Mikey! We'll have to try yours out with the other Soldano designs lying around.

Vertical cab? I know a guy... He's even got some mahogany sound boards!

Archived