Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 137 w/ pickguard? What do ya'll think?

Heritage525

WD music is the supplier for Wolfe.  I ordered a tortoise shell pickguard for mine from WD.  It came in so dark I didn't like it and stuck with the one it came with.  I should have ordered a light T-shell with a few layers to have got what I wanted. 

We put the WD pickguard on my Buddy's 58 LPJ.  Before we put it on there I attached foil to the under side to help it give off more light.  It helped. 

http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards_225_ct.htm

Note that high flying bird's is on a one p/u model, and won't fit on a 2 p/u. And a more traditional Special guard wouldn't fly because of the dog ears on the Heritage.

I dig the one at Wolfe's. It was Wolfe's idea to resurrect the H-137 in P-90 style, they convinced Heritage to do so. Anyways, I ordered one of theirs and will try to post pictures when I get it on my H-137. Of course, I'm going to tape it on first to see if I really *do* dig it in person!

I think the Wolfe guard would look better if it curved up to follow the horn into the neck, instead of having that sharp angle.  It doesn't flow visually with the body lines...at least to my untrained eye.

Taping it on to check it out is a great idea; hadn't even thought of that.

Archived