Heritage Owners Club

Can this be done?

Sparky

I've got an 8 ohm output on my Behringer GM110 combo (Chinese Tech21 30 Watter), and I'm looking to power two 16 ohm 1x12" cabs with it. Can I use a "Y" cable from the single output to the two cabs? I bought two of those Epiphone 1x12" Valve Junior cabs for a "c" note each... birch cabs with a 70 watt Eminence speaker. They look pretty

good too, once I figure out how to remove the "Epiphone" logo. They don't seem to screw 'em in anymore.

I've got an 8 ohm output on my Behringer GM110 combo (Chinese Tech21 30 Watter), and I'm looking to power two 16 ohm 1x12" cabs with it. Can I use a "Y" cable from the single output to the two cabs? I bought two of those Epiphone 1x12" Valve Junior cabs for a "c" note each... birch cabs with a 70 watt Eminence speaker. They look pretty

good too, once I figure out how to remove the "Epiphone" logo. They don't seem to screw 'em in anymore.

Sure just make sure the + or red terminal on both speakers go to the center lug on the jack. In other words, don't have the + (RED) from one speaker going to the same terminal as the - or black terminal from the other speaker. This will cancel out certain frequencies (bad).

Make sure you wire up the cable in parallel. A "Y" cable with both speakers lines coming off the same point will do that. Putting 2 16ohm speakers in series would be 32 ohms.

Archived