Heritage Owners Club

Hey Guys

Assumer

Hello!  At last, I'm no longer talking to myself! :P  I hope we wind up with a bunch of people here.  Heritage guitars seem to be way underrated, in my opinion, and there's no good reason for that to be true.  That is sharp looking...H-157?  Are the 157s the only ones with the little diamond inlay in the headstock?  I've been lusting after the one over at Buffalo Brothers for six weeks now.  :o 

Years ago, I used to work with a guy who had an original Les Paul (that's not censored here, is it?  Heh!) Black Beauty...the two bucker version, not the later three pup model.  At the time, I was playing it thinking, "Jeebuz, this thing is heavy.  It's all yellowed.  The hardware's all tarnished and the finish is crazed beyond belief.  Who would keep such a beat up guitar?!"  IIRC, he said it was one of the first 10 they built.  He was an incredibly musician, though, and had been playing out since he was like 14.  I knew him in his early 60s, so that gives you an idea of how much wear was on his guitars.

Anyway, glad someone else joined the party. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived