Heritage Owners Club

NRD New Reverb Day

NoNameBand

Hello all, I have finally taken some long overdue pictures of my new tube reverb unit custom and

hand built by none other than Brian (KBP810). He has done a marvelous job in recreating the

Fender '63 tube reverb unit complete with authentic tweed covering and oxblood grill cloth.

Some of you may remember my statement that the ultimate amp would be a '57 Tweed Fender

Deluxe WITH built in Tube Reverb. KBP810 answered my call with the suggestion of building

me this unit to add to my '55 Fender Deluxe Tweed. He was totally right. The sound from the

combination of the two is incredibly clean, sparkling, creamy and wet with the perfect amount of

reverb. I played it with my 535 and it sounded clear and bluesy volume set to 4-5. With the

volume set to 8, it was perfect for blues with a light breakup. I played it (volume 5) with my Strat

and Danelectro and thought I was back in the '60s, surfing to the sounds of Dick Dale. I have to

say,I have never purchased any accessory that has made such a huge impact on my playing and

intend to bring it to PSP this year for you all to try with your amp. Brian has used the best quality

parts from real vintage tubes, the best 1% tolerance resisters/capacitors and masterful artwork in

the design and assembly. Everything is top quality. I'm sure some of you will want one for

yourselves, it;s a great deal compared to the other units available on the market. Steiner has a

Kendrick tube reverb unit and he played mine and liked this unit very much. I'll leave it to Steiner

to say how much. Thanks again to Brian for a wonderful transaction. Brian is a terrific guy to

work with.

All the best,

Mark (No Name Band)

post-2180-027090100 1296147854_thumb.jpg

post-2180-099878900 1296147944_thumb.jpg

Interesting addition to your sound .

I had one of the original ones, but in black tolex. I wish that I had held onto it.

A friend brought it to me and just thought that is was an old amp that didn't work. I told him what it was and he ended up selling it to me.

It's one of the few pieces of equipment that I wish that I'd held onto.

It sounds like you're really enjoying the tone.

And yes, Brian (KBP810) is known for doing fantastic work.

Congratulations, Mark, it looks GREAT with your Fender amp. Your tale led me to contacting Brian about an extension cab project, either in the beautiful bare wood he has done, or in tweed, I haven't decided yet. He reminded me that this was just a hobby for him, but I'm probably going to con, oops, I mean "get" him to make one for me this year. Of course, I get the "Brian to Brian" discount, right, Brian?! Just kidding, his price quotes were very reasonable, and I've seen his woodwork. Top notch stuff.

Excellent review, Mark. Congratulations to you and to Brian for a great project and result. It really is a handsome unit. I've a clone of your amp, Mark, a li'l dawg d-lux that I like a lot, although I've thought about how a reverb would offer additional versatility. Sounds like a well matched combo right there.

Sweet Mark!! It not only matches your amp sonically, but colorwise too..play her in good health!!

That is a sweet reverb NoNameBand! I tried to get KBP810 to call you and say it fell and broke so I could buy it.

I had a good friend over when I got to "review" your reverb unit. He later told me, for the first time, he enjoyed my guitar playing. Every other time he mentioned my playing it was aligned with comments about taking lessons or just giving up. That is a magical unit. You are a lucky Man. Enjoy!

Archived