Heritage Owners Club

Delay Pedal - Boss DD7

koula901

Took some pedals to a jamm last week and had trouble with the volume cutting out, as I turned my volume controls down. Chain is Boss SD1, Boss MD2, and Boss DD7 delay. In trouble shooting I noticed one of the problems is the delay pedal doesn't always turn on, and doesn't always turn off when I step on it. This pedal has that feature where one can step down on it, for a few seconds, to engage a loop function where you can create a loop. I think that's what the problem is, but I can't seem to disengage that function - anybody know how to disengage it? It was working just fine, until one day, I must have stepped down too long on the pedal, and engaged that function where you can tap your foot, to create the kind of delay you want. I hope this is clear.

Took some pedals to a jamm last week and had trouble with the volume cutting out, as I turned my volume controls down. Chain is Boss SD1, Boss MD2, and Boss DD7 delay. In trouble shooting I noticed one of the problems is the delay pedal doesn't always turn on, and doesn't always turn off when I step on it. This pedal has that feature where one can step down on it, for a few seconds, to engage a loop function where you can create a loop. I think that's what the problem is, but I can't seem to disengage that function - anybody know how to disengage it? It was working just fine, until one day, I must have stepped down too long on the pedal, and engaged that function where you can tap your foot, to create the kind of delay you want. I hope this is clear.

Well, I'm not sure how the pedal is engaging the loop function on a long press... but my intial guess is perhaps a stuck/bad relay in the circuit. Have you tried removing the internal battery, if one is present? I assume you are likely using a power supply, but sometimes if there is an internal battery and it's weak there are some funny things that can happen (even though you are also using a power supply).

Otherwise, seems like could be a bad push on/push off switch.

kbp10 - thanks, there could very well be a weak battery in there, haven't built the pedal board yet, so, not using power supply.

tulk - I've read the manual -- just not lately. Thanks for sending the linke! I think that should do it, hopefully.

tulk - I've read the manual -- just not lately. Thanks for sending the linke! I think that should do it, hopefully.

I was just being facetious (forgot the smiley face). I never read the manuals. Or ask for directions, for that matter. ........ :drunken_smilie:

I was just being facetious (forgot the smiley face). I never read the manuals. Or ask for directions, for that matter. ........ :drunken_smilie:

: ) sometimes the subtle humor is lost on me. . .

oddly, I'm one who ususally does read the manual..

Archived