Heritage Owners Club

tweakers

Trouble

Anyone building there own effects pedals,if so care to share the results and info?

I've dabbled in pedals... though I'm not much of a pedal person so it was a short lived venture that I have yet to revisit.

Anything in specific that your looking for?

Built a Brown Sound in a Box v2 from kit ala General Guitar Gadgets - I don't use it much... but in my opinion it's the best sounding OD i've ever owned (and the only one I've still kept around!)

Built a "fuzz" pedal, that really just served better as a boost then it did as an OD - a somewhat failed attempt at an original design (and since been scrapped for parts)

Built a digital reverb around the belton module (modeled very closely to the MOD verb pedal) - sounds really good, but still not as good as real springs!

I've been playing with the notion of a tube driven OD pedal, but thus far I haven't put too much thought into it.

I've dabbled in pedals... though I'm not much of a pedal person so it was a short lived venture that I have yet to revisit.

Anything in specific that your looking for?

Built a Brown Sound in a Box v2 from kit ala General Guitar Gadgets - I don't use it much... but in my opinion it's the best sounding OD i've ever owned (and the only one I've still kept around!)

Built a "fuzz" pedal, that really just served better as a boost then it did as an OD - a somewhat failed attempt at an original design (and since been scrapped for parts)

Built a digital reverb around the belton module (modeled very closely to the MOD verb pedal) - sounds really good, but still not as good as real springs!

I've been playing with the notion of a tube driven OD pedal, but thus far I haven't put too much thought into it.

I'm not really looking for anything I have been thinking about trying to build something myself just for the fun of it haven't had much free time lately but still thinking.!

I'm not really looking for anything I have been thinking about trying to build something myself just for the fun of it haven't had much free time lately but still thinking.!

Excellent!

If you're looking to start off with building a kit, you might want to check out either Generalguitargadgets.com or buildyourownclone.com

Or there's also www.diystompboxes.com that has a wealth of information too

i've got the wood to build my own pedalboard, and even have a general design in mind, but Between the band, work, taking care of my Mom and general procrastination..haven't gotten her built yet..Time to put that project on the front burner!!

i've got the wood to build my own pedalboard, and even have a general design in mind, but Between the band, work, taking care of my Mom and general procrastination..haven't gotten her built yet..Time to put that project on the front burner!!

I know what you mean, I just replaced my old pedalboard myself. I definitely could have built my own and I have family who are cabinet makers, my cousin would have inlaid my name in brass if I wanted. Between working 6 or 7 12 hour days a week I just went and bought one.

The kits from Build Your Own Clone are pretty nice. Good instructions and well-constructed pcb's.

Yeah I was checking out the site yesterday looks cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I just built one from "build your own clone". I did the "Confidence Boost" in no time and finished their version of the TS9 the same night. It was great. I didn't want to start with a hard pedal as my first, but think I could have. The bad thing is is that it's cheaper just to buy one, but not nearly the fun.

Archived