Heritage Owners Club

Roland AC-60

Bulldog

So, in reading some of the recent tube vs solid state postings I've learned a lot. About a month ago I purchased a Roland AC-60 on ebay and intended to use it for my acoustic and vocals at small gigs. At the same time I plan, and still do, to also use me Swart AST for the 535 and 575 when appropirate. But, yesterday I decided to try out the 535 (SD '59's) and 575 (HRW's) with the AC-60 - wow was I surprised! The clean jazz tone was very cool to the point of inspiration. Not sure why I didn't give it a try earlier, but glad I did..... The tone was clean, rich and full even at a low volume with a nice representation of the actual guitar sound. I liked the neck pick up's the best and now have a cool addition to my arsenal.

So, in reading some of the recent tube vs solid state postings I've learned a lot. About a month ago I purchased a Roland AC-60 on ebay and intended to use it for my acoustic and vocals at small gigs. At the same time I plan, and still do, to also use me Swart AST for the 535 and 575 when appropirate. But, yesterday I decided to try out the 535 (SD '59's) and 575 (HRW's) with the AC-60 - wow was I surprised! The clean jazz tone was very cool to the point of inspiration. Not sure why I didn't give it a try earlier, but glad I did..... The tone was clean, rich and full even at a low volume with a nice representation of the actual guitar sound. I liked the neck pick up's the best and now have a cool addition to my arsenal.

I've heard nothing but good things from those amps. My guess why many don't like solid state amps is the lack of dynamics on overdriven tones. But when it comes to Jazz, I've heard most prefer solid state amps for the clean tone and ease of transportation.

I've heard nothing but good things from those amps. My guess why many don't like solid state amps is the lack of dynamics on overdriven tones. But when it comes to Jazz, I've heard most prefer solid state amps for the clean tone and ease of transportation.

:icon_thumright:

Archived