Heritage Owners Club

Pedals, Pedal Boards

koula901

Hi Guys,

I wonder if there's enough interest out there to have a new General Category called Pedals, Pedal Boards. I for one, wish we had one, because I have lots of questions, and would love to see your pedal boards, hear about your latest stomp box, maybe hear a clip; and reports on which stomps may be incompatible with a particular amp, or a great combination of a stomp and amp. etc. etc..

While we're at it, I wonder if we also need a Pickup General Category, to share experiences of different pickups, etc.

I would like to see it, I have been getting interested in some boutique pedals lately after not playing with many pedals for years and years. I am always looking for new stuff and forums are a great way to hear about things.

(sheepishly) I haven't got one yet, but am in the planning stages. Very soon, will order a Pedaltrain II, and have a guy I'm consulting with on questions. Thinking about a Big Muff and some kind of a Wampler distortion pedal.

Recently have found out that my Boss MD-2 seems incompatible with Fender deluxe - terrible loud sound.

Also, I'm looking for a wah pedal that has a spring, so it provides some resistance when I step on it - anybody know of such a wah?

I've never heard of a Wah like that but I am sure it could be added to the case by you or someone else without much problem. The only problem I could see is the inability to leave the pedal in one position or a "sweet stop" like Zappa was fond of doing. If you have a spring it will always be in the up position like it or not. The Fulltone I have has adjustable resistance with the tightening of a nut so it can have the resistance that you prefer but still have the ability to be place in a spot and left there.

I've never heard of a Wah like that but I am sure it could be added to the case by you or someone else without much problem. The only problem I could see is the inability to leave the pedal in one position or a "sweet stop" like Zappa was fond of doing. If you have a spring it will always be in the up position like it or not. The Fulltone I have has adjustable resistance with the tightening of a nut so it can have the resistance that you prefer but still have the ability to be place in a spot and left there.

You never heard of that because I'm older than God, and had one in the '70s! :D

Never got to the point of finding a sweet spot, and wanting to keep it there - that's new horizon for me.

Thanks for the Fulltone suggestion.

(sheepishly) I haven't got one yet, but am in the planning stages. Very soon, will order a Pedaltrain II, and have a guy I'm consulting with on questions. Thinking about a Big Muff and some kind of a Wampler distortion pedal.

Recently have found out that my Boss MD-2 seems incompatible with Fender deluxe - terrible loud sound.

Also, I'm looking for a wah pedal that has a spring, so it provides some resistance when I step on it - anybody know of such a wah?

This one ? ... haven't used one though.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-95Q-Crybaby-Wah-Pedal?sku=151097

I've used an older version of the Crybaby wah for years. I like it. Easy to find that "sweet-spot" for solos. I usually use it in conjunction with a ProCo Rat and my ancient Fender Super Reverb. Easy to achieve natural harmonics when soloing. :icon_thumright:

Archived