Heritage Owners Club

Cry Baby: The Pedal That Rocks The World

What I like about surfing the internet is the way in which you can go off on a tangent. I was looking for information about a vintage Vivitar 35-105mm lens when I came across this documentary -

It's 57 minutes long, but gives a great overview of the invention, development and use of the wah-wah pedal.

What I like about surfing the internet is the way in which you can go off on a tangent. I was looking for information about a vintage Vivitar 35-105mm lens when I came across this documentary -

It's 57 minutes long, but gives a great overview of the invention, development and use of the wah-wah pedal.

i see you're into photography...i am as well. I used to shoot professionally in college, tried the wedding thing (hated it!) Then had to find a real job...but still shoot alot, mainly guitars and my daughter. My claim to fame is my concert photograpy i did in the early 90s...had a blast!!!

Do you shoot Canon or Nikon? I have a Canon EOS digital SLR...actually just picked up a 17-50 F2.8...cool lil lens!

i see you're into photography...i am as well. I used to shoot professionally in college, tried the wedding thing (hated it!) Then had to find a real job...but still shoot alot, mainly guitars and my daughter. My claim to fame is my concert photograpy i did in the early 90s...had a blast!!!

Do you shoot Canon or Nikon? I have a Canon EOS digital SLR...actually just picked up a 17-50 F2.8...cool lil lens!

Hi Brent, I'm a Nikon user, though my first SLR was an Olympus OM10 and was an OM user until a burglar took my kit in 1999. I'd already started taking photos at gigs, so with the insurance money I decided to upgrade to a system that could take big lenses. I went for a Nikon F90X with a 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses. Since then I've accumulated an unnecessary number number of cameras (both digital and film), including some medium format Bronicas and Mamiya TLRs (great for landscapes), and I still occasionally shoot film. Scan a 6x4.5 negative at 3200dpi and you've got a 35 megapixel image! These days I use a D700 for concert photos, mainly with an 80-200mm f/2.8 AFD Nikkor. Not much money in it, but I manage to get into a fair number of gigs for free! The best of my photos end up on www.jazzreview.com.

Archived