Heritage Owners Club

Good Contact Cleaner for Tube Amps

ingeneri

I'm biting the bullet and replacing the 10 year old preamp tubes in my DRRI. I've been swapping tubes back and forth for about a year after I noticed the tone getting thin and brittle and experiencing a less than creamy breakup at higher volumes.

I've read that a good cleaning of the sockets (post depowering of course) is a good idea for maintanence. Might be a bit overkill for a 10 year old amp, but it's been on three continents and had more than its share of bumps and jolts. So seemed like a good and cheap idea. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good contact cleaner for tube amps?

I'm biting the bullet and replacing the 10 year old preamp tubes in my DRRI. I've been swapping tubes back and forth for about a year after I noticed the tone getting thin and brittle and experiencing a less than creamy breakup at higher volumes.

I've read that a good cleaning of the sockets (post depowering of course) is a good idea for maintanence. Might be a bit overkill for a 10 year old amp, but it's been on three continents and had more than its share of bumps and jolts. So seemed like a good and cheap idea. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good contact cleaner for tube amps?

I use De Oxit, good for input jacks etc as well.

http://www.caig.com/

Archived