Heritage Owners Club

Tone King metro

koula901

In my area, we have no Tone King dealers. A rep will be going to Matt's music next wed. I'll be taking the day off from work to go see it at noon (after that, it may disappear). This is good news, as there are no Tone Kings in my area. There used to be one a 3-hr drive away, and that sold.

19.gif

Seems like a long drive just for an amp. What's crazy is most the amps out there are so loud, you'll never be able to hear them at full or even half volume. Makes you wonder if taking a day off to get an amp is worth. I really hope it is so its not a waste of time. I've done that before. Worst part is you feel like buying the amp just because you don't want to make the trip again...

In my area, we have no Tone King dealers. A rep will be going to Matt's music next wed. I'll be taking the day off from work to go see it at noon (after that, it may disappear). This is good news, as there are no Tone Kings in my area. There used to be one a 3-hr drive away, and that sold.

19.gif

[/quote Theres another brand I need to find out about. Good luck. I am a tire kicker myself. Good excuse to take a day off as well.

Seems like a long drive just for an amp. What's crazy is most the amps out there are so loud, you'll never be able to hear them at full or even half volume. Makes you wonder if taking a day off to get an amp is worth. I really hope it is so its not a waste of time. I've done that before. Worst part is you feel like buying the amp just because you don't want to make the trip again...

maybe I wasn't clear, the amp will be here, in Massachusetts, as the rep tries to find a music store that will carry them. So for me, it's only an hr drive to at least test drive it and see if its something I want to save my $ for.

maybe I wasn't clear, the amp will be here, in Massachusetts, as the rep tries to find a music store that will carry them. So for me, it's only an hr drive to at least test drive it and see if its something I want to save my $ for.

I was just saying with everything taken in consideration (time off from work, gas money, drive time, etc), its always a tough decision to test an amp you may or may not like. I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with that, its just interesting the lengths we'll all go for the perfect piece of gear....

@ golferwave - I just went to ebay and checked it out. They're selling for $3,845.

Then I went to Tone King's website, and they're MSRP is $2995! Ridiculous, huh!

Anyway, I don't have the $ right now to buy it. I just want to hear it in person, and play the 137, 535 and strat, see how they sound. If I fall head over heels, then I'd save for it (a novel idea, eh : ). One of the most attractive features is the power scaling, and light weight for all that power.

Fun - hope you like it Katy. Know you've had your eye on it for some time, that it contains 'all the right stuff' for an amp that sounds like it'd be just right for you. Wow - they are a bit on the high price side. Good idea to try it out while you have the chance.

@ golferwave - I just went to ebay and checked it out. They're selling for $3,845.

Then I went to Tone King's website, and they're MSRP is $2995! Ridiculous, huh!

Anyway, I don't have the $ right now to buy it. I just want to hear it in person, and play the 137, 535 and strat, see how they sound. If I fall head over heels, then I'd save for it (a novel idea, eh : ). One of the most attractive features is the power scaling, and light weight for all that power.

I wonder if there could be that much of a price difference between the head & cab set up and the combo. Anyway let us know what you think after the test drive!

Guest HRB853370

19.gif

I bet they are expensive but worth it. Where are they manufactured? USA?

19.gif

When I was down in SC in Feb, Deluxe Guitar Exchange had both the combo and the head/cab versions of the Metro, plus the Imperial. I didn't even turn an amp on (I was just feeling up his Melancon Pro Artist T.. oooooooh! :love10: ) I probably won't go back down until late April. I might have to take my Milli this time, rather than the ASAT Tribute and play the Metro. Or, I could just buy the Melancon and use that!

Guest HRB853370

When I was down in SC in Feb, Deluxe Guitar Exchange had both the combo and the head/cab versions of the Metro, plus the Imperial. I didn't even turn an amp on (I was just feeling up his Melancon Pro Artist T.. oooooooh! :love10: ) I probably won't go back down until late April. I might have to take my Milli this time, rather than the ASAT Tribute and play the Metro. Or, I could just buy the Melancon and use that!

Where in SC Tal?

Where do you guys hear about all these amps? What makes them so special? Are they hot rodded Marshall, Fender, or Vox amps?

I heard about the Tone King Metro from reading about it on the HOC, Amps section. Pressure had bought one and I was intrigued by the power scaling, so I looked it up on You Tube and loved the sound, like that it's 2 channel, and gets sounds like fender black face and tweed/brown. It's also light, 40 watts.

I heard about the Tone King Metro from reading about it on the HOC, Amps section. Pressure had bought one and I was intrigued by the power scaling, so I looked it up on You Tube and loved the sound, like that it's 2 channel, and gets sounds like fender black face and tweed/brown. It's also light, 40 watts.

You can save a bunch of coin and buy a KBP810, its only 22 watts and has all that clean Fender tone you want plus its point to point wiring... But what is power scaling? The ability to lower the wattage?

You can save a bunch of coin and buy a KBP810, its only 22 watts and has all that clean Fender tone you want plus its point to point wiring... But what is power scaling? The ability to lower the wattage?

I would, except I really like the power scaling feature. If kbp810 made an amp with that, I'd rather buy it from him.

Power scaling is where you can get that full tube overdrive sound (as if your volume were high and pushing the tubes) but at lower volume, i.e. bedroom volume, without compromising the tone. So, on the TK, the range goes from 1 watt up to 40

I would, except I really like the power scaling feature. If kbp810 made an amp with that, I'd rather buy it from him.

Power scaling is where you can get that full tube overdrive sound (as if your volume were high and pushing the tubes) but at lower volume, i.e. bedroom volume, without compromising the tone. So, on the TK, the range goes from 1 watt up to 40

Now that is cool. I also read about another guy who makes the Samamp. It does some kind of trick were you can dial back the wattage. Also, the Egnator Rebel does that too.

Yeah, I'm not much of a power scaling kind of guy, lol

With sets of tubes in push pull, I don't mind switching off tube pairs... but the pentode/triode switching, I am not a fan at all. Else, would be somewhere in the realm of attenuation, for which I have not dwelled.

Archived