Heritage Owners Club

footswitch for 1969 Bandmaster Reverb

VTGoose

I am in the process of rehabbing a 1969 Fender Bandmaster Reverb. Its being converted into a 2x10 combo. Vibrato channel is being blackfaced and the Normal channel is getting a vintage Marshall-esque voice. Its getting channel switching capability which means I will need a two button switch for the verb/vibrato and another single switch for the channel switching.

Do I need to use Fender footswitches or can a use a basic switch from Weber or similar vendor?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions. BTW, absolutely loving my first Heritage (2006 h150 Goldtop w/ Lolar P90's).

I am in the process of rehabbing a 1969 Fender Bandmaster Reverb. Its being converted into a 2x10 combo. Vibrato channel is being blackfaced and the Normal channel is getting a vintage Marshall-esque voice. Its getting channel switching capability which means I will need a two button switch for the verb/vibrato and another single switch for the channel switching.

Do I need to use Fender footswitches or can a use a basic switch from Weber or similar vendor?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions. BTW, absolutely loving my first Heritage (2006 h150 Goldtop w/ Lolar P90's).

That might be a question for whomever is doing the converting and how they intend to accomplish the channel switching... the typical fender reverb and vibrato footswitch is just a simple push on/push off switch that shorts to ground.

Wow, love to see picutres of this project! More importantly, some video or audio clips of the final product too!

Indeed yes! (pictures of that H150 Goldtop would be great too :) )

I realized I referenced the verb and vibrato style switching, but didn't mention channel switching;

The basic channel switching method is going to use a 3 conductor "stereo" type jack, where as one contact is channel 1, second contact is channel 2, and the third is a common ground. I'm not sure if there are any production three switch footpedals that will accomplish all three tasks given the two different jack types, you might either need to have something custom made, or just use two seperate pedals.

Thanks for the thoughts. Spoke with my amp guy last night. Looks like I may need two switches. Not a big deal. Fender may be the safest route. I have an email into the guys at Weber and I'll see what they say. Here is a pic of the Goldtop. I will be sure to post some better pics of the guitar with the amp when its done.

I realized I referenced the verb and vibrato style switching, but didn't mention channel switching;

The basic channel switching method is going to use a 3 conductor "stereo" type jack, where as one contact is channel 1, second contact is channel 2, and the third is a common ground. I'm not sure if there are any production three switch footpedals that will accomplish all three tasks given the two different jack types, you might either need to have something custom made, or just use two seperate pedals.

post-4400-0-64099400-1302614480_thumb.jpg

What about a modern Fender channel switch pedal. I have one with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

That's probably what I will end up doing. Along with the Fender Rev/Vib switch. I was just hoping that something like the Weber switches would work because they are less than half the cost.

What about a modern Fender channel switch pedal. I have one with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

Archived