Heritage Owners Club

Headphones

Stephen

I'm looking to purchase headphones to plug into my practice amp. Would like your suggestions on a decent set. Would like to stay in the $100 and under catagory. Thank you for your comments. Stephen

Hello, Stephen, Best all around phones are the Closed back Beverdynamics DT 770. they go on sale all the time at - 100.00... good for all situations including recording. Strong long Cable Padded yolk left wire so single lead out of the ear phone set. gold anodized Plug. !0 ft Lead... others are good these are my choise...............Steve :icon_thumright:

I use a pair of Sony also, and even though the Sony website says they're $150 the street price is more like $85. I like them because they're lightweight, rugged, dependable, and most importantly they sound great. I also find Sony's convertible plug to be very handy.

I'm also using the HD280pros. Have had my set for at least five years, taken them around the world,

no complaints!

My trick for surviving flights is to put my "Hearos" filters in, then put the HD280s on,

then turn up so I can hear them through the plugs. This virtually eliminates airplane noise

without risking my hearing.

I'm looking to purchase headphones to plug into my practice amp. Would like your suggestions on a decent set. Would like to stay in the $100 and under catagory. Thank you for your comments. Stephen

Are you saying one could plug earphones into any amp, or does your practice amp have a special input just for headphones?

Are you saying one could plug earphones into any amp, or does your practice amp have a special input just for headphones?

Well, you wouldn't want to plug headphones into the speaker out, that's for sure! (I only mention that because I have heard that topic come up before somewhere, and techinally speaking it could almost work) Best case scenario you would just toast the headphones, mildly worse you could toast the OT or power tubes of the amp, absolute worse - go deaf after the first note and/or screech of feedback hits.

There are products out there that allow you to add a headphone tap between the speaker out and the speaker.

I know Weber sells one, though I am sure there are many other similar products.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

Well, you wouldn't want to plug headphones into the speaker out, that's for sure! (I only mention that because I have heard that topic come up before somewhere, and techinally speaking it could almost work) Best case scenario you would just toast the headphones, mildly worse you could toast the OT or power tubes of the amp, absolute worse - go deaf after the first note and/or screech of feedback hits.

There are products out there that allow you to add a headphone tap between the speaker out and the speaker.

I know Weber sells one, though I am sure there are many other similar products.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

Now that is sweet!

Archived