Heritage Owners Club

new pedal

So I was looking for a good low gain OD to replace the blues driver on my board. I have been using the BD to add a little edge/grit on upbeat country songs and using the OCD for medium drive and the Rat for heavy stuff. I got a steal on a Barber Direct Drive and thought it would replace the BD. Turns out I REALLY like the gain and harmonics of the direct drive. I also really like the OCD set to a medium gain. I can turn the guitar volume down and soften the pick attack and then turn up and dig in for solos.

I haven't played withe the Direct Drive much yet so not sure if it is as responsive as the OCD but it looks like search continues. How many dirt pedals are too many dirt pedals?! :o

So I was looking for a good low gain OD to replace the blues driver on my board. I have been using the BD to add a little edge/grit on upbeat country songs and using the OCD for medium drive and the Rat for heavy stuff. I got a steal on a Barber Direct Drive and thought it would replace the BD. Turns out I REALLY like the gain and harmonics of the direct drive. I also really like the OCD set to a medium gain. I can turn the guitar volume down and soften the pick attack and then turn up and dig in for solos.

I haven't played withe the Direct Drive much yet so not sure if it is as responsive as the OCD but it looks like search continues. How many dirt pedals are too many dirt pedals?! :o

How many are there? :rolleyes_mini:

The DD gets lots of good press. Don't see how you could go wrong with that one.

How many dirt pedals are too many dirt pedals?! :o

I know, really! I'm trying to keep it to just 2, as I'm commited to keeping to a mini pedal board.

The Direct Drive sounds great, just sounds so good cranked that I'm never going to use it a low gain setting, if it turns out to be as responsive to pick attack and guitar volume as the OCD I may just use the OCD as the low gain pedal. I'm gigging with it tonight for the first time report tommorrow!

Looking forward to the report.

Everything worked great. Used the OCD in the low peak setting with the gain around 8 or 9, the direct drive with the knob pulled out (not 100% what that does maybe mid boost) and gain pretty high and they both sounded great. One thing I did notice about the direct drive is it has a ton of gain, with the gain turned up even alittle unity is just above zero on the volume side.

Now to find another delay! :icon_thumright:

I've been looking at a Guyatone micro delay, it has a self oscillating feature that will get thoes space ship sounds, and the basic delay sounds good. I actually have lowball bid in on one right now and so far I'm winning. Anyone know if it's true bypass or not? I haven't been able to find any thing that says it is so its probably not.

+1 on That..Ya know it's funny I keep falling back on the Ol' original TS-9..It's the only distortion/overdrive I've ever actually bought more than one of..If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess..Bought mine used for $69 like 5 years ago and I still use it all the time.. It's kinda like a 535, not fancy..Just functional.. :icon_thumright:

How about zendrive? Anybody use one?

I got one a little while ago and am not wowed by it. I can see its uses and will keep it but its gain structure and voice isnt really exciting me.

I seem to be liking it with a strat and sc's more than with the H150 and HB's. But I am in a strat kinda mood any way.

Update, I figured out that the settings that blew my mind on the Direct Drive playing live suck at living room volume. Everything else on the board sounds pretty much the same at low volume just not as loud (duh). I play through an amp that has a high sensitvity input/low sensitivity input so live high input at home low input, my gig amp also has selectable wattage (25/50)so at 25 watts and low sensitivity input the DD sounds like @$&%.

I still really like the way it sounds live but does anyone know why everything else pretty much sounds the same and DD sounds lifeless and muddy when the amp is at low volume? I didn't think with the settings I was using that I was pushing the amp into overdrive, I keep everthing set pretty much at unity and my amp is plugged into the PA so it's not exactly cranked.

Archived