Heritage Owners Club

Great Day for my 5E3

tulk1

May remember my post Sad Day for my 5E3? Where my Tweed Deluxe was blowing fuses because of a blown tranny. (oh, boy!! I know I'll get replies to that, butt (hehe) I'm leaving it as is!) We looked at several bits of iron to put in it. Settled on a transformer from a Deluxe Reverb, of all things! We also replaced the power tubes with Raytheon 6V6GTs. These might actually be NOS. The builder tends to call any old tube the checks out well NOS. I kinda read him the riot act about that, :director: asking if they were "vintage" or "nos", since there is a difference. Got the boxes, they look new - think I got NOS. :icon_thumright: We put a co-branded Mullard 12AX7 (gots the seam!) in it, along with the Mullard 12AT7 that I already had in it. The DR Tranny gives it a bit more headroom, which is what I wanted. With just a cursory run-thru it still sounds like the old Deluxe, but with a bit more clarity. We'll see how it really rolls out Wed at rehearsal. But, it's back and working. And I be a happy boy. :icon_rr:

Nice hear you're up and running again :)

My 5E3 has some problems now - time to get someone who knows what they're doing to take a look.

Would be nice to hear some clips of yours - what speaker is in there?

Nice hear you're up and running again :)

My 5E3 has some problems now - time to get someone who knows what they're doing to take a look.

Would be nice to hear some clips of yours - what speaker is in there?

I have a '52 Magnavox P232 speaker. It's a Jensen co-branded as Magnavox. It's super cool to look at. Sounds fantastic, too.

Good to hear it'll be back in business, Kenny. My 5e3 has been getting ignored of late with the Allen getting the volume call and either the PRRI or Gibson GA6 the low key, although might bring it out to a jam tonight. If the tele didn't sound so friggin GREAT thru it, I's consider selling it.

GREAT NEWS Kenny!!!!

But honestly with your tone through that low powered Tweed Twin, I can't imagine I would use anything else!

GREAT NEWS Kenny!!!!

But honestly with your tone through that low powered Tweed Twin, I can't imagine I would use anything else!

John, the 5E3 is my rehearsal/back up amp. Yeah, it's hard to beat the larger Tweed I had at PSPIII. It's just a killer amp. Altho', it'd be hard to get more "period correct" inside the Deluxe than it is right now. Never was my favorite amp. Just hard to let it go since I had the guy build it just for me. So, yeah, happy to have it back. And the tube compliment is kinda killer. :icon_thumright: But it's not my #1.

Archived