Heritage Owners Club

Fender Twin Reverb

tulk1

Nope, I have a KPB810 and it certainly doesn't weigh 90lbs! But it totally rocks!!! OH YA!

It's not a Twin Reverb, either. Of course it doesn't weigh 90lbs!

This thread made me fire up my Dean Markley 2-12 , and it did sound freakin' awesome. It is a quad 6L6 with some nice Tone and Drive/ Gain options, made in California in the '80's. I replaced a microphonic 12AX7 and man, this thing roars. With the gain turned up it is very loud ( set at 1/2 power) with the Master at 2. It also does some really nice cleaner tones, but doesn't like to be at a really low volume. It's not a good bedroom or practice amp.

It weighs about 75 lbs so it could use some rollers...

%252521BWv0c5g%252521mk%25257E%252524%252528KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKY4Ef%252528dkg%25257E%25257E_12.jpg

%252521BWv0zsg%2525212k%25257E%252524%252528KGrHgoH-EMEjlLluimHBKY4FZ3Gb%252521%25257E%25257E_12.jpg

I was messing around with a Twin, I'd put that sucker on casters. Anyone try the Twin 15? Its a Fender twin that using a single 15" speaker instead of 2x12.

Nope. 2X12 here. Even the neighbors like it :icon_thumright:

played through a twin at my gig monday night (first gig since 1978!). It was hooked up to a 4-10 cab. People said my tone was good during the leads - was using both the Boss SD1 and Wampler Super Plex together for that.

played through a twin at my gig monday night (first gig since 1978!). It was hooked up to a 4-10 cab. People said my tone was good during the leads - was using both the Boss SD1 and Wampler Super Plex together for that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post packed muchly with awesome. :icon_thumright:

Thats a long break between drinks!!!!

Congrats and this story is worthy of its own thread. 33yr lay off needs explaining :smile_mini2:

Doesn't a 4x10 make it a Super Reverb?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post packed muchly with awesome. :icon_thumright:

Thats a long break between drinks!!!!

Congrats and this story is worthy of its own thread. 33yr lay off needs explaining :smile_mini2:

Gosh . . how to explain a 33 yr hiatus. First off, I've never gigged regularly, only played in front of people twice in what you might call my starter band. After that, at the time, I disliked the rock music coming out in the '80s, which was de-emphasizing musicianship, and lead playing. Subsequently, I got caught up in working full time and going to school part-time nights for many years to get first an undergrad degree, then my graduate degree. And now that I don't have to work two jobs anymore, I can finally get back to my music! I know that others of you have similar stories, very often it's people having children and working, so, I say, better late than never.

Someone took videos and pics of the performance, so, I may start a thread after I come back from vaca. in a week, and share it with you all.

Gosh . . how to explain a 33 yr hiatus. First off, I've never gigged regularly, only played in front of people twice in what you might call my starter band. After that, at the time, I disliked the rock music coming out in the '80s, which was de-emphasizing musicianship, and lead playing. Subsequently, I got caught up in working full time and going to school part-time nights for many years to get first an undergrad degree, then my graduate degree. And now that I don't have to work two jobs anymore, I can finally get back to my music! I know that others of you have similar stories, very often it's people having children and working, so, I say, better late than never.

Someone took videos and pics of the performance, so, I may start a thread after I come back from vaca. in a week, and share it with you all.

Yeah, life and stuff.

Look forward to the pics and vid. Have a good break.

Why does everyone complain about the weight of a Twin? They do have wheels after all. And on the occasions when I do lift it (I thank the Lord I am still able to do so) it seems to realign my spinal column almost like a free chiropractic adjustment.

:icon_thumright: I got a kick outta that. I played with an older guy that had a twin RI, and I was using my Super at the time. The Twin is heavier than the super Reverb with 4 tens!

They do have a brilliant, warm clean sound that is hard to find anywhere else.

and . . . approaching 60,

DSC00935a.jpg

:wacko_mini2:

At the risk of looking stupid, what is that little thing it's by god beautiful?!!

Info please! :biggrin_mini:

This thread made me fire up my Dean Markley 2-12 , and it did sound freakin' awesome. It is a quad 6L6 with some nice Tone and Drive/ Gain options, made in California in the '80's. I replaced a microphonic 12AX7 and man, this thing roars. With the gain turned up it is very loud ( set at 1/2 power) with the Master at 2. It also does some really nice cleaner tones, but doesn't like to be at a really low volume. It's not a good bedroom or practice amp.

It weighs about 75 lbs so it could use some rollers...

%252521BWv0c5g%252521mk%25257E%252524%252528KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKY4Ef%252528dkg%25257E%25257E_12.jpg

%252521BWv0zsg%2525212k%25257E%252524%252528KGrHgoH-EMEjlLluimHBKY4FZ3Gb%252521%25257E%25257E_12.jpg

Do you know what kind of speakers those are? They look really familiar to me.

Lucky Me ! I sussed out years ago that eventually a Twin Reverb would be too heavy for me & my slipping spine discs,so fate intervened and put a 1970 Silverface, Dual Showman,non master volume head my way.I'd already bought an end of the range Paul Rivera Fender Concert head in the '80's, for those small gigs.One 2 x 10 " & one 2 x 12 " Fender Cabs to mix 'n match.Sorted.Sting in the tail.I'm about to re tube the Showman.Tubes in the U.K. cost the earth,but the tone will be unbeatable plus my C140CM & H575....Tears of joy !

Peter Alton Green. :icon_thumright:

When my brother and I started out playing he had a Dual Showman with the large 2x15 cab. Wow!! Another tone monster. Not to be out done, however, I used a Twin "Stack". It was a Twin with the lows shunted to a Bassman 50 bottom cab. That was pretty cool, too. And kept up quite well against the DS. And talk about low end thunder!!

When my brother and I started out playing he had a Dual Showman with the large 2x15 cab. Wow!! Another tone monster. Not to be out done, however, I used a Twin "Stack". It was a Twin with the lows shunted to a Bassman 50 bottom cab. That was pretty cool, too. And kept up quite well against the DS. And talk about low end thunder!!

One of my many amp combinations was a Fender Bandmaster head coupled with the Showman 2 x 15" speakers (1968).I plugged in my L5,and wow,you're right,fantastic.I'd seen Wes Montgomery in London a couple of times,and although I'm no Wes,I thought the sound he got was great.I'd heard he used a Fender Deluxe in the studio ( although he was using a Standel amp for the London gigs ),so I reckoned that the Bandmaster with it's extra power would handle my gigs very well.I'd seen a Dutch group in The Hague called the 'Crazy Rockers' using The Showman cabs,so I knew they sounded great.At that time I couldn't afford the Dual Showman head.However,the practicality of a huge cabinet,a huge guitar case,and a Triumph Spitfire sports car was logistically a non starter.We did have a group van ( Transporter),but the whole thing was impractical.I traded the amp & cab for..yes,a Twin Reverb ! The cabinet was bought by Rick Kemp of British folk rockers 'Steeleye Span',who was the guy who sold it to me in the first place.The enclosed,rather blurred picture shows the huge amp pile behind me.The guy with long hair with his back to the camera was country superpicker,Albert Lee.He was with Chris Farlow & the Thunderbirds,who were on the same bill that night.Also on the bill were 'Traffic',with Stevie Winwood,Dave Mason & Jim Capaldi,and the Mike Cotton Blues Band.Yeah,a good night that was.

Peter Alton Green :icon_thumright:

Alison Gross, she must be the ugliest witch in the north country! They were supposed to open for The Who back in ... oh, about 1977. They couldn't make it, so we got Toots and the Maytalls. Sorry, Toots was okay if you like reggae. But we really wanted Steeleye Span. Cool story on the Showman cab. Truly wish I still had my brother's DS. One of the few I've sold that I would like to have back.

Archived