Heritage Owners Club

egads...my first pedal ever

LK155

MXR Carbon Copy delay.

Read good things about this pedal here and on other forums as well.

Tried it out in the store with my H535 into a Twin Reverb, and it sounded fantastic, so I immediately whipped out the plastic. It was even on sale!

It sounds better than the Fender reverb in the Vibrolux (never thought I'd be saying that), with lots more adjustability. It's the kind of thing that gets the creative juices flowing. Haven't noticed any effect on the talent level yet.

So I've revised my recording setup: not using the GNX4 effects at all (well, except to do bass tracks).

Am still playing around with the settings but may post a soundclip later.

You can see I'm still using the hideously expensive carbon-fibre composite mic stand.

Musicroomstuff002.jpg

Funny, Lyle.... I've been contemplating the purchase of one of those as well. The Carbon Copy, not the amp. Had one of those once; got rid of it.... Looking forward to seeing you and Marg again, in a month. Hope you've finally thawed out!

As promised, er I mean threatened.....here's a short clip.

H535-->MXR Carbon Copy-->Blackfaced Vibrolux Reverb.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10808269

This is the start of the next Wheezing Geezer song, which, when completed, will carry the pretentious title 'Spring'.

It was inspired by Tully's quest to find a certain chord progression, and then Mars_Hall's post about watching a fawn in his yard. I borrowed ideas from both. Blah, blah, blah. I'll let you know when the song is finally done.

I usually aim for a certain 'mood' in my songs, and this pedal is going to help me get there.

There's a little bit of knob-tweaking going on in a couple of places.

Heritage / Vibrolux / CC - now how did you get such terrible taset in gear, Lyle? :)

Beautiful sounds. That CC gets a lot of good press w/my guitar playing buddies. Were I to get the effects bug, that'd be early on my list. Good choice.

Archived