Heritage Owners Club

I feel like Hugh Grant....

yoslate

Remember when he was regularly seen in the company of Liz Hurley, then was popped with some slag of a business girl...? I feel like that. I have four amps: Princeton Reverb re-issue, with a matching 1x12 extension cab; handwired 5E-3 clone, with a vintage speaker; fabulous Bitar 22w EL-34 1x12 combo, with a Celestion Gold; and a Bitar 30w EL-34 piggyback with a 2x12 cab. I have a bad jones for a Kustom 36 Coupe: 36w, two channels, 1x12, 6L6's, master volume on each channel, footswitch for channel switching and a boost function (up to 10 dB's), Accutronics 'verb, and, and this is the really sleazy part, red metalflake tuck and roll upholstery on the front.... The reviews are terrific! I borrowed one last weekend and gigged it twice, while still not quite having it dialed in, and it sounded great with both the 535 and the Tele. It does everything...clean, surf, hair, grind, crunch (just realized I said "grind"...see...). I can get a new one for $225 less than almost everyone retails them for. It comes with a special Eminence, which is designed for it, but the Coupe I played had a Celestion Vintage 30. That sounded just like it should, and I love those. So I'd be putting a new speaker in it, if the Eminence isn't excellent...which it may be, as I have Eminence in almost every amp I own. I love my other amps, and play them all regularly. Why do I find this trollop so intriguing...and is it wrong to find an apartment for her, and give her money...? Perspective, please....

I've read some good reviews for those amps and user comments indicate they blow away a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, I've been a little tempted to go find one to try for myself given the price.

As far as the cosmetics, some 70's glitz would not be the death of me, either.

If you got the means to support her, it ain't nobody's business if you do. I have to disagree with Bobby McFerrin; it's not the simple ones, it's the guilty ones. Yes, they are...

We have a local dealer that carries these amps. Personally, I didn't find the tones there compared to the amps you own. I felt they sounded a bit shrill and fizzy to me. Just giving my honest .02, but hey at that price if you don't like it ..... well it could make a good 70s acid-trip end table.

And while I am add it..... I would have quick my amp search after the "Bitar" and "Felix".... but the needle & spoon is hard to kick!!!!!

Hey, you like what you like. Who cares what it is. Case in point, I actually prefer the sound of cabinets made of MDF to about anything else. Sure, it has no 'mojo' and not nearly as beautiful as solid wood can be, but....I dig the 'dead box' sound generally speaking. So, if you dig it and you have the wherewithal, getchoself some tuck n roll!

"perspective, please....."

......what if the tramp turns out to have a heart of gold and a generous, supportive disposition and knows how to balance sleazy cheap thrills in a sustainable, dignified caring way with class and tact? Or is the perfect foil for a long dormant or seldom exercised side of you that only her generous nature and enthusiasm can bring out?

Or she could just be a mean spirited tart that you regret spending time with. Colouring every following amp relationship with the tarnish of your memory of her.

oh wait... we're talking about an amplifier..........

......what if the tramp turns out to have a heart of gold and a generous, supportive disposition and knows how to balance sleazy cheap thrills in a sustainable, dignified caring way with class and tact? Or is the perfect foil for a long dormant or seldom exercised side of you that only her generous nature and enthusiasm can bring out?

Or she could just be a mean spirited tart that you regret spending time with. Colouring every following amp relationship with the tarnish of your memory of her.

Jeff, hilarious! My kind of post! Exactly what I deserve! I feel so...cheap...so tawdry!

...hope it sounds Divine. .... ;)

LMAO, Howard.... LMAO!

Yup, busted ;) And by Basil Brush too!!

Is he an Australian institution too? I used to know the bass player from Basil Brush's backing band.

Watched him after school when I was a kid in New Zealand..... We had only one television channel and it was in black and white.......LOL....no wonder we went fishing, catching eels or setting possum traps.....once Basil Brush was finished of course.

"perspective, please....."

...best post of the week! Awesome!

That amp will do things your "regular" amps wouldn't do.

Well, let's just hope it doesn't go down on him at an inappropriate moment.

...always game on, around here, innit...? You boys should be ashamed of yourselves! (This crowd sure can wear out a metaphor!)

...always game on, around here, innit...? You boys should be ashamed of yourselves! (This crowd sure can wear out a metaphor!)

Metaphor, Rob? This is verging on anthropomorphic ;)

Archived