Heritage Owners Club

On order

Trouble

So got my income taxes, a little more than I expected so I ordered a

Wilson Effects Lotus Drive

Xotic Effects BB Preamp (been wanting to try one)

Electro Harmonics Holy Stain

I doubt if all 3 make it on the main board but we'll see. Gonna start putting a back up together smaller and simpler than the main board. Trying to find a good replacement for the Direct Drive so I can put it on the back up board, it covers a lot of ground.

cool, looking forward to a full report once you get it :D

I'm going to have a lot of reveiws to do. Amp+3 pedals and probably different speaker combo's. I better work on my chops!

The Holy Stain and the BB Pre will be here next week, the lead time on the Lotus Drive is 6 to 8 weeks, I will probably forgotten I bought it by the time it arrives.

When I get the KBP amp I'm going to try to do a demo with the band and try to post a clip, not sure exactly how to do that but I'm going to try

Ok got two of the pedals in today, The BB Preamp and the Holy Stain.

The BB Preamp is a good OD, responsive, smooth, good range. I like it, not sure if it is going to unseat the Direct Drive or OCD though. It actually reminds me a lot of the Direct Drive but a bit smoother, and not quite as much harmonics.

Now for the Holy Stain, I was really taking a shot in the dark on this one, wasn't sure what to expect.

First of all, wierd pedal, it has an analog distortion side, and a DSP side with Room Reverb, Hall Reverb, Tremolo and pitch Shift. I like the tremolo a lot, the reverbs are good, the pitch shift is something I don't see using much.

The distortion side has drive and fuzz, and to be honest I didn't even try the drive but the fuzz is good, and coupled with the pitch shift you can get some really nasty sounds out of it which might come in handy from time to time.

What I was hoping for was a good Fuzz and a good trem, and it has both, although the controls make it hard to switch between them on they fly. when using the DSP side alone you can't switch the drive on without turning a knob, and if you have the volume of the DSP side set to a usable level and switch on the drive side it's LOUD! but if you know what you want to use or combine you could do it quickly between songs and then just kick it on.

It's wierd and I need to play with it more to get it figured out but I wanted a good fuzz, and a better trem than I had and it has both, and the fuzz has 3 different settings, bright, dark, and warm plus a tone knob, so you can really tweak the fuzz.

Oh yeah, if you add an expression pedal you can bend the pitch like a whammy pedal, so that might make it even more fun, for $120 I think it's fine.

Still waiting on the Lotus Drive.

I think I'm liking the BB Preamp a little more every time I mess with it, I like that I can brighten up a dark amp and vice versa, and that at extreme settings it can scream, but still retain its character. It just doesn't quite have the texture and openess of the Direct Drive, and doesn't add quite the sparkle or glass (for lack of a better explanation) of the OCD at low gain.

I like it, but not sure what it's place will be yet.

It stacks well with the OCD. I use it for a lead off the the rhythm I use from another od.

It can be a bit too smooth for somethings.

The big difference between the BB Preamp and the OCD/ Direct Drive is the BB is more compressed. I've been playing with it more and I think I'm going to keep it and the OCD on the board. I'm sort of using the BB like I was using the OCD, low gain just a little hair, and I've been using the OCD in HP with the gain a little higher. It basically gives me 3 OD's, low, medium and stacked gives me a good high gain.

If I like the Lotus Drive I may put it on the board too, if it has a unique enough sound. I'm practicing Sunday, I should know for sure what I'm going to use after playing in a band setting.

You should see my board right now, got all my dirt pedals on it, looks stupid!

Archived