Heritage Owners Club

NAD

Trouble

Man I REALLY dig the vibe, but I agree you should redo the track. I was really enjoying it, but like you said the guitar is just too hot.

THANKS for posting a clip!!!!

I need some help with the recording, and some better equip. may try to get a couple of recordings at practice tommorrow. The clip above was actually about the 4th try and all the others were way worse. It had stopped being fun by this point! I had the mic about 2 feet from the amp too.

Ok I spent a couple hours playing with the gear I have, I used a different mike, and ran the loop pedal through the amp instead of straight into the board, so I could balance the volume, the downside is the backing track is coming through the amp as well as the guitar, but the overall sound is better. I thought I had trimmed the clip down to a minute but apperently I don't know what I'm doing, and I also tend to repeat the same crappy licks over and over if I don't have some kind of a plan. Anyway here's a new clip, and the last one I'm doing like this.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11465528

I surmise its the tranformer H. Wow trouble, that is awesome. Does Brian have a life outside of amp building? A wife? A job? A custom Heritage he likes to play? I have a feeling he crams all that into his world! He is simply INCREDIBLE !!!

He has it all...But I think the amps are starting to burn ends of the candle for him. Might explain why his website has been taken down.

He has it all...But I think the amps are starting to burn ends of the candle for him. Might explain why his website has been taken down.

Really happy with this amp, glad I got it before he decided to take a break. Did you get to play this one Detroit?

COngrats on the new amp! that looks really cool. Good clips. Nice playing.

Thanks Jeff, its really a monster. Really easy to find a good tone and then push it into od with the guitar volume, making most of my pedals unnecesary. It likes the BB and direct drive though.

Really happy with this amp, glad I got it before he decided to take a break. Did you get to play this one Detroit?

No, a lot of his recent builds have left the premise before I could get into them... This one would of been cool though, but he did mention making another one for himself. There might be a chance for me to try that amp after all...

No, a lot of his recent builds have left the premise before I could get into them... This one would of been cool though, but he did mention making another one for himself. There might be a chance for me to try that amp after all...

He said something about modding his amp like this one to me too, that;s saying something huh? Either way, I got a great amp. It's different than what I expected in a great way. What I like about it most is being able to pick a spot that sounds great for rythm and then bring the guitar volume up a little more and have a singing lead tone. No reverb on it, and it sounds so good I don't miss it a bit. The only bad thing I have to say about it is, I have suffered some hearing loss since I got this amp!

Guest HRB853370

He said something about modding his amp like this one to me too, that;s saying something huh? Either way, I got a great amp. It's different than what I expected in a great way. What I like about it most is being able to pick a spot that sounds great for rythm and then bring the guitar volume up a little more and have a singing lead tone. No reverb on it, and it sounds so good I don't miss it a bit. The only bad thing I have to say about it is, I have suffered some hearing loss since I got this amp!

Huh? What was that? I can't hear ya!

• 3 weeks later...

All this talk of KBP amps is making me horny for when mine arrives in a couple of weeks!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR AMP, DUDE!!!!

Guest HRB853370

All this talk of KBP amps is making me horny for when mine arrives in a couple of weeks!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR AMP, DUDE!!!!

Do have any work in progress photos to share with us?

Thanks, what exactly do you have coming?

No pics yet. I think he's waiting on transformers. It's a hot rodded AC-15 kind of....I guess, actually more like a Matchless Lightning, really. 15 ish watts, runs on 7189 tubes (EL84 variant for higher plate voltage), and it'll have beefed up output trannies. Rock machine!

Hey guys, here's a description KBP sent me on particulars of my amp. The Trannies are shipping either today or tomorrow, so it won't be long now!

Here's KBP's message to me

Component value and position wise it's going to be pretty close to an actual lightning - the only major difference will be in the type of components used, which will be a mix of Jupiter Vintage Yellow and Vintage Red tone caps, mostly mil-spec 1% metal film and wirewound resistors, F&T filter caps, and the 6p14p-ev 7189 power tubes. Once built and after it goes through the slow start there could be further tweeks made, just won't know what I'm working with in that regard until that bridge is crossed though.

Hope that helps anyone who was wondering exactly what it'll be like. I'm beyond stoked with this amp concept, so when I get it you can be sure I'll post clips. I JUST changed over from pro tools to Pre Sonus studio one and I upgraded my firewire interface so the recordings should have outstanding sound quality. The pre amps in the firestudio mobile I have, as well as the converters, are just astounding!

Peace!

Archived