Heritage Owners Club

Pardon My Ignorance

Keith7940236

I have always been an acoustic player and recently upgraded to an Eagle TDC and a Polytone Minibrute. I was told that the Minibrute is a good jazz amp. My question is, if I wanted to use the amp to play other styles of music, are there specific pedals that I could use with that particular amp for other effects?

Thanks again,

Keith

The Polytone amp should be able to handle whatever you want to throw at it. I agree with Detroit that the full hollowbody might not handle high distortion well.

With that in mind, a good reverb pedal is a great staple product (e.g. EHX Holy Grail+), Other considerations may be a Tremolo (I have Seymour's Shape Shifter which probably has far more control than anyone really wants or needs from a tremolo pedal, but I've really enjoyed all the same) a delay pedal could also be a good fit (e.g. Boss DD-7 or DD-20). I have a couple Delay pedals and often just leave one set to a very short time with very little feedback which creates a "slapback" effect. Finally, a good Over Drive could be a lot of fun and create a great growl for that setup without being over the top. Speaking of over the top, a fuzz pedal can be a ton of fun to play with (can provide mad distortion and sustain).

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! that is great to hear, I'm going to do some shopping shortly to add some effects!!

Enjoy!! The search is half the fun!!

I just picked up several of the digitech hardwire pedals. I HIGHLY recommend them.

The rv-7 reverb is great.

Cm-2 overdrive got me to actually replace my tubescreamer (good for blues OD)

Sc-2 valve distortion (really good for rock and even 80's metal/thrash)

These three pedals should be enough to cover almost anything you could need.

Archived