Heritage Owners Club

Gibson GA-RVT20 re-issue

tsp17

I have a 1x12 and if you can pick one up for that price you sure can't go wrong. A very nice sounding and performing 6L6 amplifier. As I recall they were made for Gibson in the Seattle area. The one thing that's deficient is the tremelo, very weak. I read that there's a mod you can have performed to fix the problem, but I'd just do the trem outboard if you need it. Keep us posted.

Guest HRB853370

Anybody have or tried one? there is one for sale locally on craigslist (asking $475) and I've had a tube jones lately. i just can't help myself.

thoughts?

I have a 1x12 and if you can pick one up for that price you sure can't go wrong. A very nice sounding and performing 6L6 amplifier. As I recall they were made for Gibson in the Seattle area. The one thing that's deficient is the tremelo, very weak. I read that there's a mod you can have performed to fix the problem, but I'd just do the trem outboard if you need it. Keep us posted.

I have a GA40RVT and a GA42RVT, both are 30 watt class A amps. Lovely sound. Tremolo is fantastic, no problems. The 40 is a 1x12 and the 42 is a 2x12 but Gibson chose to use the identical cab for both, but just offsetting the speaker in the 1x12. I got great deals on both, $550 for one and $450 for the other, both brand new condition. Good luck.

post-2130-0-27462800-1332014452_thumb.jpg

post-2130-0-65964800-1332014480_thumb.jpg

post-2130-0-01870500-1332014505_thumb.jpg

I'll go check it out later this week. i am not in a hurry nor do i need a new amp, so maybe i'll get lucky and someone else will buy it (doing me a favor) or the price will reduce over time. thanks.

I tried one at Guitar Trader a while back, liked it, but then looked at the price tag. way overpriced, even discounted. at this price seems hard to pass up. Will let you know.

Archived