Heritage Owners Club

Just thought I was done.....

jazzrat

Had an earlier post about getting my little pedal board finished.....well...not so fast.

After a couple big swigs of the boutique pedal CoolAid over at The Gear Page,

I decided I wanted to upgrade the dirt and add a trem pedal.

Really pleased now. Cleaned up the wiring a bit. Sounds terrific. Very compact but

a broad range of tones available.

OK, I'm done now.

before and after pics.

DSC01080.jpg

pedalboard-1.jpg

Zendrive; NICE! I hear very good things about that; For now, the "dirt" on my board is my Fulltone OCD for the heavier stuff, and the BBE Green Screamer you just sold me for a little lower gain. I had a friend compliment the tone of the Green Screamer just yesterday. Enjoy your tidy board. Just curious; is the Strymon Delay THAT much better than the DD-3? Could you use the tap tempo switch on the DD-3?

Yup the Screamer really is a great pedal. The Zendrive is really my first high end pedal. Sounds amazing. I strongly considered an OCD to pair

with the Zen but in the end the extra versatility of the FullDrive won out and so far they are a great pairing.

The DD3 is a pretty nice little delay but you have to get up to a DD6 or 7 to be able to tap tempo.

The Strymon *IS* *THAT* much better than anything I've used. I wanted those tape delay tones where the

repeats degrade and sit behind the fundamental tone. Think Eric Johnson's clean tone.

This delay does a great job of that. By contrast with the DD3 the repeats are nearly as bright as the fundamental tone.

I like having them both on there though for a variety of effects.

looking good. Nice board full of good stuff.

I think Ive sold both the OCD and Zendrive this weekend. Good stomps just not me.

My stomp bourd is in a state of constant change for the most part. Just two ods that seem to stay constant as well as one delay.

I just cant find the right high gain dist/od.

Had an earlier post about getting my little pedal board finished.....well...not so fast.

After a couple big swigs of the boutique pedal CoolAid over at The Gear Page,

I decided I wanted to upgrade the dirt and add a trem pedal.

Really pleased now. Cleaned up the wiring a bit. Sounds terrific. Very compact but

a broad range of tones available.

OK, I'm done now.

before and after pics.

DSC01080.jpg

pedalboard-1.jpg

I think you could mount the favorite switch on top of the chorus and fit one more pedal on there!

Yes, I am an enabler.

Very Nice! I'd decided to go the Full Drive 2 route as a boost OD pedal with my Ampeg Jet. Just something to get me to the fringe of breakup that I love on this amp, but at lower volume. Sounds like you'd approve? I'm a firm believer in the KISS paradigm, Volume, 'verb, tuner, wah occasionally. That's it. (amp has a killer Tremolo on it, I do have a pedal for an amp that doesn't)

Thanks for sharing!

What is the small black pedal/or switch?

Neither tap nor amp switch.....see which pedal the cord goes to.

It's called a favorite switch. The El Capistan lets you set up a whole different set of settings that can be saved

and accessed with the favorite switch. It's like having a whole 'nother delay pedal.

You can also plug an expression pedal in to control one parameter.

The El Capistan has tap tempo built in. (left switch)

I

I think you could mount the favorite switch on top of the chorus and fit one more pedal on there!

Yes, I am an enabler.

Haayyyy...now you're talkin'....or i could put it in between the switches on the Fulldrive.

Haayyyy...now you're talkin'....or i could put it in between the switches on the Fulldrive.

Yep, you could do that. That "favorite" switch for the Strymon stuff is way cool, two settings at the ready all the time.

Archived