Heritage Owners Club

Out for delivery.

t0aj15

Very cool. You're going to love the tones, hopefully the mulitude of options won't overwhelm you.

I also have an Axe-Fx Ultra as well as a slew of other processors and pedals so that's not very likely.

t0aj15,

since you have the Ax-Fx Ultra - the creme de la creme, what what will you be using the Line 6 for? Is this for gigging purposes? Or something you can grab 'n' go out the door for jams, etc?

t0aj15,

since you have the Ax-Fx Ultra - the creme de la creme, what what will you be using the Line 6 for? Is this for gigging purposes? Or something you can grab 'n' go out the door for jams, etc?

I prefer to use the Axe-Fx as a stand-alone rig primarily for recording & home use, where-as (if it works out) the M13 would be a pedal-board for use with several different tube amps allowing me to set up several different 'scenes' as Line 6 calls them for each individual amp.

I prefer to use the Axe-Fx as a stand-alone rig primarily for recording & home use, where-as (if it works out) the M13 would be a pedal-board for use with several different tube amps allowing me to set up several different 'scenes' as Line 6 calls them for each individual amp.

Nice!! That would probably confuse the hell out of me!! But I live in West Virginia.. :icon_sunny:

I would think the M13 would be great for on the go setup's for a gig...

OMG, two hours in and this machine is way more then I bargained for.

It is quite simply, sonically gorgeous. Those of you who are die-hard tube amp fans really need to give this unit a listen.

It does not in any way, shape, form, or fashion change the tone of either your guitar or your amp, it quite simply interjects the efx at the proper place, at the proper time, which is of course selected by you.

I'm not going to go much further then that right now..................cause I really just want to go back to playing.

Guest HRB853370

t0aj15,

Line 7, the upgrade, is soon to be out and will blow everything out of the water! As far as Axe goes, I like using it on my armpits!

Line 7, the upgrade, is soon to be out and will blow everything out of the water! As far as Axe goes, I like using it on my armpits!

I'm sorry, are you actually trying to say something here? If so I missed your point.

Guest HRB853370

I'm sorry, are you actually trying to say something here? If so I missed your point.

Go back and re-read. You may understand.

Guest HRB853370

ah, I got a chuckle out of that...

I'm waiting for the Line 10 myself :D

Well, at least somebody has a sense of humor here!! When this Line 6 stuff came out in the 90's, I actually thought the 6 was like the model year. So I figured we would have Line 7 and so on and so on. But I don't use modeling or any of that stuff, so it means nothing to me anyways. In the old days, good guitar players got everything they needed from a guitar, a cable and an amp. Sometimes, reverb and tremolo thrown in. What else could one possibly need? And t0aj15 claims to be 100 years old, so he should relate.

When this Line 6 stuff came out in the 90's, I actually thought the 6 was like the model year. So I figured we would have Line 7 and so on and so on. But I don't use modeling or any of that stuff, so it means nothing to me anyways. In the old days, good guitar players got everything they needed from a guitar, a cable and an amp. Sometimes, reverb and tremolo thrown in. What else could one possibly need? And t0aj15 claims to be 100 years old, so he should relate.

I now understand you're trying to be witty at my expense.

But just to clarify, first of all that hundred year old nonsense is whatever the website threw up there.

Second of all why bother commenting about gear you admittedly don't use or care about. Others DO and want info.

Just to clarify I have been a tube amp nut since the mid sixties, but it doesn't mean I'm not open to new ideas and ways of solving a problem or achieving new goals, different & better sounds.

All I'm talking about in this thread is a new FUN piece of gear. I see no reason for vitriolic 'humor'.

I'm honestly considering this piece for later this year.

Is any of it software controlled or is it all onboard?

It operates with firmware that is update-able via midi. Mine came loaded with version 2.04.

It operates with firmware that is update-able via midi. Mine came loaded with version 2.04.

Ah. Ok. So none of it is software controllable such as what effects are assigned to what position on the pedalboard or what is in the effects loop in what order? This is all done on the actual unit?

Correct. It's quite simple and straight forward actually. That's one of the advantages of this unit over 'deep' digital units that have multiple screens etc. For instance there is no save function once you select an effect and set the dials because the unit automatically saves the info for you.

Correct. It's quite simple and straight forward actually. That's one of the advantages of this unit over 'deep' digital units that have multiple screens etc. For instance there is no save function once you select an effect and set the dials because the unit automatically saves the info for you.
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I have heard from a few people that this is a very good sounding effects unit.

Archived