Heritage Owners Club

Powered mixer problem

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I have an older Peavey XRD680 powered PA mixer, great piece of gear. I have been running a monitor cab out of the monitor out jack for sometime now. But suddenly, no sound is coming out of that monitor. I tested the monitor cab and cable by plugging the monitor into the ext speaker jack of one of my guitar amps and it works fine.

Does anybody have a clue as to where to begin troubleshooting this?

Guest HRB853370

Dirty jack maybe?

Dirty jack hole you mean? Hmm, I will investigate that. How would one clean it?

I ain't ever drank no Jack dat was dirty.

Hopefully what Detriot said is correct, but I'm wondering about the powered mixers monitor amp. I looked up your mixer online and found the user manuel. It says that the monitor is separate from any of the other channels, so that leads me to believe that it's on its own preamp. With no sound coming out, it could mean that the monitor channel is blown. I sincerely hope that isn't the case though. Your amp does, however; have a master monitor level knob. I'm wondering if the problem might be in the master section rather than the monitor channel itself, if that makes sense.

Opps, as I was writing this I also found the circuit diagram for the mixer. The monitor amp is indeed it's own thing, fed my the mic preamps of course. I'm betting you have a blown monitor preamp, but like I said, I hope it's something simpler.

Guest HRB853370

Hopefully what Detriot said is correct, but I'm wondering about the powered mixers monitor amp. I looked up your mixer online and found the user manuel. It says that the monitor is separate from any of the other channels, so that leads me to believe that it's on its own preamp. With no sound coming out, it could mean that the monitor channel is blown. I sincerely hope that isn't the case though. Your amp does, however; have a master monitor level knob. I'm wondering if the problem might be in the master section rather than the monitor channel itself, if that makes sense.

Opps, as I was writing this I also found the circuit diagram for the mixer. The monitor amp is indeed it's own thing, fed my the mic preamps of course. I'm betting you have a blown monitor preamp, but like I said, I hope it's something simpler.

Hmm, well if thats the case, its not critical-the main amp works fine. I cant get any sound out out of it, even when I turn the master and the monitor out level all the way up. Probably not worth getting fixed either-I bought it used for a couple hundred bucks years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived