Heritage Owners Club

Carol Ann Amps?

squawken

Anyone have first hand experience with a Carol Ann amp? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the OD2R. I love the tone-at least what I hear on video clips, and have read nothing but great things about them. Unfortunately there are not many out there, so it is hard to actually play on in person.

One of our HOCers, Jimbob, has one model currently and has had at least one other model of these amps. I expect he'll weigh in with some details shortly.

From what I've heard on a transatlantic Skype link they sound pretty good ;)

I know Jimbob is very pleased with the Marshall-sounding one he has now (Triptyk?) but was happy to sell the Dumble-type he had before that.

Guest HRB853370

Anyone have first hand experience with a Carol Ann amp? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the OD2R. I love the tone-at least what I hear on video clips, and have read nothing but great things about them. Unfortunately there are not many out there, so it is hard to actually play on in person.

Carol actually did an amp clinic at GC in Atlanta a while back. I heard it was well attended. She might be the only female custom amp builder!

Carol actually did an amp clinic at GC in Atlanta a while back. I heard it was well attended. She might be the only female custom amp builder!

Alan Phillips is the owner of the company-ex employee of Marshall I believe. Not sure about any women?

Archived