Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 212: I know nothing

Hi all, I recently bought this little 212 for $200 mainly because I was looking for something small, and it seemed sturdy. It also has good speakers in it. They're Celestion G12-T75 or something like that. After "popping the hood" on it, so to speak, I realized that what I had purchased is a VERY well crafted piece of equipment. It has huge foam pads inside, along with ports. The wiring is spectacular, and clearly work done by hand. So here's the real question: what is it worth?I see head/cab combos go for very high amounts, but I haven't seen any cabs alone. Did I do ok here? Should I sell it and invest in something different? Any opinions to let me know what I've got here are appreciated.

post-6838-0-07577400-1334520450_thumb.jpg

I think the speakers new would get you close to the 200 mark, and a empty unfinished 2X12 cab is around 150, so you did fine at 200. Congrats!

Hi all, I recently bought this little 212 for $200 mainly because I was looking for something small, and it seemed sturdy. It also has good speakers in it. They're Celestion G12-T75 or something like that. After "popping the hood" on it, so to speak, I realized that what I had purchased is a VERY well crafted piece of equipment. It has huge foam pads inside, along with ports. The wiring is spectacular, and clearly work done by hand. So here's the real question: what is it worth?I see head/cab combos go for very high amounts, but I haven't seen any cabs alone. Did I do ok here? Should I sell it and invest in something different? Any opinions to let me know what I've got here are appreciated.

I have a dumb question.

How does the speaker cabinet sound?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, yes, those speakers are mods :( I want the originals. I use a Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 with it, and that rig is just not doing it for me. Too heavy toned, too big. I'm ready for something different. Orange or Vox are what I'm looking into. I need a good clean, and good crunchy distortion. I am currently stuck with a heavy metal head and cab. What do you guys have?

it's designed to sound like a vintage marshall 4x12. one guy i know send his back panel to Peter Mather and had an oval cut for it. that plus the original speakers did the trick for him...

Hey guys, yes, those speakers are mods :( I want the originals. I use a Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 with it, and that rig is just not doing it for me. Too heavy toned, too big. I'm ready for something different. Orange or Vox are what I'm looking into. I need a good clean, and good crunchy distortion. I am currently stuck with a heavy metal head and cab. What do you guys have?

Most of here use clean Fender like amps with pedals to give us some dirt if we cannot crank the volume.

there was a fella here selling his Heritage Briton II. love mine. criminally cheap, used. does Vox-Marshall (Watkins) sound.

also, love my Juke Coda or Warbler, which have great cleans & crunch. builder has recently been discounting excess inventory. unique, great sound (imho, of course)

Archived