Heritage Owners Club

DD3 on the way

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Upon the recommendation of our gear guru, Detroit Blues, I have a new Boss DD3 on the way. I have to find room on the BC60 so I will probably temporarily shelve the Blues Driver in favor of my Combo Drive.

Enjoy it! Delay is a very cool effect, and you'll probably do better with it that I do, what with your metronome-like sense of timing as a drummer. Me, I can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time, so....

Guest HRB853370

Enjoy it! Delay is a very cool effect, and you'll probably do better with it that I do, what with your metronome-like sense of timing as a drummer. Me, I can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time, so....

Nice compliment, thanks!!!

Um, gear Guru? I'm far from it, I just speak from my experience. DD7 is cool, but it does way more then I'll ever use it for. Hope you like it Will!

You add more value than you think you do!

I just sold one to get a TC Electronic Flashback.....

lots more features but the DD3 was a fine sounding unit.

No real reason to have changed but to try the flavor of the month.

I think you will enjoy it.

Guest HRB853370

I just sold one to get a TC Electronic Flashback.....

lots more features but the DD3 was a fine sounding unit.

No real reason to have changed but to try the flavor of the month.

I think you will enjoy it.

I know jazzrat, I was a little late on the draw to buy yours! :(

Yep, here's a few ideas.... Keep the level around 11 o'clock, feedback (repeats) down to around 9 o'clock, and keep delay time around 12 o'clock.... Mode at long... Add some OD to it and you have yourself some Bonamassa lead tones....

Level is how much of the delay is heard

Feedback is the number of repeats

Delay time is just that how much delay between when you strike the note to when you hear it come back, the numbers are in mili seconds..

Have fun!

Guest HRB853370

Yep, here's a few ideas.... Keep the level around 11 o'clock, feedback (repeats) down to around 9 o'clock, and keep delay time around 12 o'clock.... Mode at long... Add some OD to it and you have yourself some Bonamassa lead tones....

Level is how much of the delay is heard

Feedback is the number of repeats

Delay time is just that how much delay between when you strike the note to when you hear it come back, the numbers are in mili seconds..

Have fun!

Thanks DB, reading the manual is boring-good instructions!!

Guest HRB853370

When I turn the mode to a medium or short, I dont hear anything different than if I had the unit bypassed. What am I doing wrong?

Delay is can be simple

- adjust the percentage of wet echo signal to dry signal

- adjust the delay time to where you want it

- adjust the number of repeats you want

BTW, if you are putting it in front of your amp and your overdrive is coming from your amp it can pretty bad. In general, if your overdrive is from pedals before it you'll be fine. If your overdrive comes from your amp's preamp then you are better off placing it in an effects loop (if you have one). If your overdrive comes from the power tubes or speaker then its tough to use unless its in the board mix.

Have fun!

Guest HRB853370

Delay is can be simple

- adjust the percentage of wet echo signal to dry signal

- adjust the delay time to where you want it

- adjust the number of repeats you want

BTW, if you are putting it in front of your amp and your overdrive is coming from your amp it can pretty bad. In general, if your overdrive is from pedals before it you'll be fine. If your overdrive comes from your amp's preamp then you are better off placing it in an effects loop (if you have one). If your overdrive comes from the power tubes or speaker then its tough to use unless its in the board mix.

Have fun!

- adjust the percentage of wet echo signal to dry signal-THIS WOULD BE THE LEVEL CONTROL, CORRECT?

- adjust the delay time to where you want it-THIS WOULD BE THE DELAY CONTROL?

- adjust the number of repeats you want-THIS WOULD BE THE FEEDBACK CONTRL?

AND REGARDING MODE, THE HIGHER THE MILLISECONDS NUMBER, THE LONGER THE DELAY? I AM GETTING CONFUSED BETWEEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MODE CONTROL AND THE DELAY CONTROL. BOTH SEEM TO CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF DELAY.

Longer milliseconds means the longer you'll wait to hear the note played back.... What amp are you using? If you are using a clean amp like the KPB Tweed Deluxe its ok to put the delay between any OD/Distortion/Fuzz pedals and the amp. If you are using an amp's preamp for gain, such as the Peavey Classic you have, use the delay in the effects loops. Putting the delay before the preamp and/or overdrive/distortion pedals will cause you not to notice the delay. That might be your problem too.

Also the level is how much of the delay is passed to the amp. When its turned down, the effect won't be heard, but if you turn it up, you'll start to notice the glassy like reverb effect. The feedback number is how many times do you want to hear your note being played back. The more you have it turned down, the less repeats you have. The delay time not only alters when you'll hear your notes repeated, but in conjunction with the feedback, it will determine how often you'll hear the repeated notes too.

Hope this helps.

- adjust the percentage of wet echo signal to dry signal-THIS WOULD BE THE LEVEL CONTROL, CORRECT?

- adjust the delay time to where you want it-THIS WOULD BE THE DELAY CONTROL?

- adjust the number of repeats you want-THIS WOULD BE THE FEEDBACK CONTRL?

AND REGARDING MODE, THE HIGHER THE MILLISECONDS NUMBER, THE LONGER THE DELAY? I AM GETTING CONFUSED BETWEEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MODE CONTROL AND THE DELAY CONTROL. BOTH SEEM TO CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF DELAY.

On a DD-3

E.LEVEL = Wet/Dry Mix

F.BACK = Number of Repeats

D.TIME = Timing of Repeats

The D.TIME control range can adjusted by the MODE control:

S. 50ms = 12.5-50 msec.

M. 200ms = 50-200 msec.

L. 800ms = 200-800 msec.

Hope that helps

Guest HRB853370

Longer milliseconds means the longer you'll wait to hear the note played back.... What amp are you using? If you are using a clean amp like the KPB Tweed Deluxe its ok to put the delay between any OD/Distortion/Fuzz pedals and the amp. If you are using an amp's preamp for gain, such as the Peavey Classic you have, use the delay in the effects loops. Putting the delay before the preamp and/or overdrive/distortion pedals will cause you not to notice the delay. That might be your problem too.

Also the level is how much of the delay is passed to the amp. When its turned down, the effect won't be heard, but if you turn it up, you'll start to notice the glassy like reverb effect. The feedback number is how many times do you want to hear your note being played back. The more you have it turned down, the less repeats you have. The delay time not only alters when you'll hear your notes repeated, but in conjunction with the feedback, it will determine how often you'll hear the repeated notes too.

Hope this helps.

Well, I don't consider the KBP TD a clean amp. It starts to overdrive very early in the volume level. My point was, when I turned the mode switch counterclockwise to medium or short, my delay effect disappeared and I didn't know why. I am am imbecile I guess when it comes to FX boxes!

Well, I don't consider the KBP TD a clean amp. It starts to overdrive very early in the volume level. My point was, when I turned the mode switch counterclockwise to medium or short, my delay effect disappeared and I didn't know why. I am am imbecile I guess when it comes to FX boxes!

That still doesn't sound right to me....

Killer! I have been a fan of the DD3. DB did right by you on that suggestion. I had looked at the DD7, but, to be honest, it was a lot more than I would ever, ever use. I tend to use delay sparingly. Just a slapback or MAYBE some trail offs.

Been having fun with the Dyna Drive (borrowed) pedal. Then I found out that is what was in my Cube. haha. Anyways, I dig that drive pedal.

As much as I am not a pedal guy, I could EASILY see having a Dyna Drive, TU-3 and DD3 in a small board if I had a way clean amp.

Slammer, once you get it all worked out, let us know how you dig it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived