Heritage Owners Club

nothing like a real spring reverb unit

haven't been using much effects, but tonight I hooked up the Dr Z tube reverb unit to the Vox AC4TV

wow, there's nothing like a real spring reverb!! after playing dry for so long it really jumps out when you do use it

the vox is a nice sounding amp, but reverb just gives it that extra aura

also used an ancient H&K tubeman pedal, the big black/blue metal one, to give it some drive/sustain

that combination makes for a nice low volume practice setup: overall volume was about talking level or even lower..... had the vox on the 1/4 watt setting. you can even hear the strings in the background

clips or it didn't happen.....I saved out some mindless noodling on the 157:

http://bolero.comyr.com/misc/music/clip.wav

I agree. Reverb is a necessary element - especially with low volume playing. I'm going to have to try the KBP810 with the AC4TV; sounds like a sweet combination.

When an amp is played clean then reverb is essential. When an amp is played dirty, I prefer a little delay instead of reverb. The delay is less muddy than the reverb, IMHO.

IIRC the oldest piece of rack gear I have is a Peavey Valverb which is a one space all tube unit that has reverb and tremolo. It is far and away the best reverb (& tremolo) I've ever heard which is why I still have it after all these years. I have yet to hear a SS unit that can come close to this unit.

Have you guys tried the Electro-Harmonix Holy-Grail reverb?

Strymon has the Flint coming out to and I hear the reverb on that (from a reliable tube snob) that it is AMAZING. That was his word choice.

...and anything Demeter has to be awesome.

IIRC the oldest piece of rack gear I have is a Peavey Valverb which is a one space all tube unit that has reverb and tremolo. It is far and away the best reverb (& tremolo) I've ever heard which is why I still have it after all these years. I have yet to hear a SS unit that can come close to this unit.

Absolutely - I managed to snag a Valverb and it's the perfect complement to the Ceriatone OTS!

Strymon is making the best ambient effects pedals out there these days!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my El Capistan delay. Just incredible transparent and it does everything, even has a little reverb with the delay if you want to add it in!!!

Strymon is making the best ambient effects pedals out there these days!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my El Capistan delay. Just incredible transparent and it does everything' date=' even has a little reverb with the delay if you want to add it in!!![/quote']

Yep! I am getting the El Capistan to run into the front end of the Route 66 when I get it. Gonna get the Flint too. I\'d like to have a killer trem for the occassional use. The Flint trem has a killer reverb in it. So... if the El Cap\' reverb don\'t work for me, then the Flint will. :) The echo on the El Cap\' is to DIE for!

Archived