Heritage Owners Club

New Custom Amp Stands

Hi,

I just had two walnut amp stands built for my small combo amp and for my small jazz head/cabinet set up. I worked with a small company based out of Tennessee called Atlas Stands (http://www.atlas-stands.com/). They make a variety of small guitar and amp stands out of hard woods (mostly cherry or walnut but they use others as well). I already owned one of their guitar stands and was impressed enough to order some amp stands. My two stands will arrive on Friday and I will give a more in-depth review then, but here are some photos, they really came of beautifully. Additionally, communication has been flawless and I was able to watch the build progress on their website.

http://www.atlas-sta...ers-edge-walnut

redplate1.jpg?t=1337683426

raezersedge1.jpg?t=1337683389

combo2.jpg?t=1337683351

They aren’t as you can imagine cheap (~$300), but they get your amps up of the ground for improved sound, they are solid and portable and they look great particularly at home (more furniture like). My “guitar” room doubles as a shared home office and the amps on these will look great. I will post more images when they arrive with my amps.

Bob

Those are some first rate looking amp stands. What is it about all of the great wood workers from Tennessee? The guy who built my Blues Jr.'s custom cabinet was also from that great state.

I really like the look of this Amp/Guitar stand combo...

lr_hr_gs_walnut01.jpg

Those are some first rate looking amp stands. What is it about all of the great wood workers from Tennessee? The guy who built my Blues Jr.'s custom cabinet was also from that great state.

I really like the look of this Amp/Guitar stand combo...

lr_hr_gs_walnut01.jpg

Boy..That's Nice..A bit rich for my blood though..

I like that. But to me, that's for a home studio use and not meant for a rig to leave the house.

I think your likely right...BUT...I will have to see how easy they are to fold up.It is difficult small black table cloth to cover a chair. For my home setting, I think that they will be great. My guitar room is a shared home office. So any thing I do to turn gear into furniture is a good thing.

Here are the two stands with their respective amps:

The Low-Rider was built for my jazz rig. It weighs 12 lb. including the tray for the head. The unit folds up and is held closed by a leather strap that snaps closed.

lr8.jpg?t=1337967826

Once unsnapped, the front hinges iopen and the head tray slides out.

lr7.jpg?t=1337967829

The speaker is about 6" off the floor and angled upward about 15 degrees.

lr4.jpg?t=1337967768

The Studio is for my blues combo amp and weighs about 11 lbs.

studio1.jpg?t=1337967953

Once unstrapped, it folds open into a solid platform. Mine is the first one made with an adjustable back height

studio2.jpg?t=1337967990

My combo weighs 48 lbs and the stand raises its front about 12" off the floor at about a 30 degree angle.

studio3.jpg?t=1337967990

My combo being a much heavier amp than my solid state jazz amp requires great stability and the amp is securely supported.

studio4.jpg?t=1337968022

Again, I really can't say enough good things about this company's products in terms of their quality, build utility and service/communication. So if you are ever looking for a very nice amp stand, I would give Josh or John a ring at Atlas Stands.

:-)

Bob

The stands look beautiful. I also like Guitfiddler's guitar/amp combo.

That's not Gitfiddler's...That's an example from Atlas. I think he was referring to Mather Cabinets in Nashville, TN who may have built a cabinet for him.

Archived