Heritage Owners Club

Fender Excelsior Amp

In my visit to GC today, after pickup up a used Bass and Bass amp, I tried out the new Fender Excelsior. 13 tube watts, 15 inch speaker, pawn shop vibe. Guitar, mic, accordion inputs, haha. Retro looking to the hilt. A Tremolo that has one knob that clicks on when you turn it, then gets faster the farther you turn it. Cheap tolex, badge, and I'm sure, wood. Still, this thing is pretty cool for $300. BillM has said that he's working on some mods, and basically has said that he'll unveil them once people start buying the amp in larger numbers. As it sits, he likes it, but says that it lacks the harmonic complexity of a modded Blues Junior. I get that. Still, if I get a 15% coupon from MF or GC anytime soon, I may have to pick one of these up. Here's a fun commercial on the amp.

I wondered if anyone here has tried these out. With that 15" speaker, two 6V6 power tubes, retro vibe, and price, they look interesting.

Guest HRB853370

Perfect for those overdriven accordian polka playin' moments. :icon_rr:

Watch it Git, you should know I am an ex accordionist. My first amp was an Ampeg Gemini II with two channels and inputs for guitar and accordion. Don't make me bring an accordion to PSPV now.

Perfect for those overdriven accordian polka playin' moments. :icon_rr:

Do you know the difference between an accordion and a concertina?

The accordion burns for around 20 minutes longer ;)

Watch it Git, you should know I am an ex accordionist. My first amp was an Ampeg Gemini II with two channels and inputs for guitar and accordion. Don't make me bring an accordion to PSPV now.

:icon_silent:

NewTopLogo-1%20copy.jpg

Bring it we'll do some Zydeco..love that stuff better than classic rock..

Archived