Heritage Owners Club

NAD!

I picked up one of the Fender FSR BJrIII amps from proguitarshop yesterday and I absolutely love it. It was exactly what I was looking for after my Mesa Express 5:50 debacle. Here's a (poor) pic next to my number 1.

IMAG0323.jpg

Dig it! I really like the cosmetics on that model, it classes up the Blues Junior nicely. I agree, a semi-hollow through at Blues Junior is a great combination. Enjoy it, play the heck out of it, they are a great amp as-is. If/when you might be interested in modding it, there are some cool mods that REALLY make these little amps come alive. You've probably already heard about the BillM mods, but I am a true believer that these mods are really worth all the hype they recieve. I also replaced the speaker in my Blues Junior with an Eminence Texas Heat. I feel like that helped with providing a better low end. Enjoy your new baby!

http://billmaudio.com/wp/

I'll reply in reverse order since my brain isn't wired right...

The Mesa was an ok amp, I think once I get my H-15x (ahem) that it would have been a better pairing. I just wasn't blown away by it, and for $1k used, I feel like I should be. I know it's not a hand-wired boutique, but when my new amp costs 1/2 that and I like the tone that much better, well...

This Blues Jr iii already has the Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker in, and I love it. I can't wait until I break it in a bit more. It's goes really nicely with my Dot. It's a Korean Dot, and I gutted it and replaced the wiring with the Mojotone kit, along with custom Mojotone humbuckers. I bought the Dot on fleabay for $380, and put a lot of TLC into it. It came with a Gibson PAF neck pickup and some Dimarzio bridge pickup. I like it quite a bit, although I need to set it up again.

I also have a Road Worn 50's strat that I'm selling, and will probably get a Fender Pawn Shop '72. I played one of those and it was the nicest sounding guitar I've ever heard. Not that I've heard a lot, but I've heard a few.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mesa was an ok amp, I think once I get my H-15x (ahem) that it would have been a better pairing. I just wasn't blown away by it, and for $1k used, I feel like I should be. I know it's not a hand-wired boutique, but when my new amp costs 1/2 that and I like the tone that much better, well...

This Blues Jr iii already has the Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker in, and I love it. I can't wait until I break it in a bit more. It's goes really nicely with my Dot. It's a Korean Dot, and I gutted it and replaced the wiring with the Mojotone kit, along with custom Mojotone humbuckers. I bought the Dot on fleabay for $380, and put a lot of TLC into it. It came with a Gibson PAF neck pickup and some Dimarzio bridge pickup. I like it quite a bit, although I need to set it up again.

I also have a Road Worn 50's strat that I'm selling, and will probably get a Fender Pawn Shop '72. I played one of those and it was the nicest sounding guitar I've ever heard. Not that I've heard a lot, but I've heard a few.

I have a Dot too. Looks great and sounds even better. Did you have to drill out the top to fit the new pots?

Nice amp, I love my Tweed Blues Jr. And the cannabis rex is on my list to try in it. They get rave reviews with the Blues Jr. Cool to get an Epi Dot for that price. Some of my favorite guitars are the ones I paid the least for.. And Fender guits go well with Fender amps needless to say. Congrats.

I owned both a 5:50 and a Blues Junior III in the past. I for one, think you made an upgrade. I love the idea behind many Mesa amps, but in my experience playing a 5:25, 5:50, the transatlantic and a stilletto, they always sound real sterile to me...no vibe, no character. Just an opinion, but congrats on the Blues Junior! They are great amps! :)

Archived