Heritage Owners Club

NPD! .

JeffB

Dont need to have GAS to keep buying guitar related gear.....Slammer :)

Just picked up the MI Audio Tube Zone. Ive been looking for a higher gain OD/Dist for a while and some how kept overlooking the Tube Zone.

Its got lots of eq tricks and variation contained with in it but the thing that I liked about it was that I could match it to the clean sound and fill in the gaps as I increased the gain where as other higher gain stomps I tried previously have all added something to the core sound that couldnt be dialed out.

The other thing that I like about it is it works well with the volume control of the guitar so that I can go from a funky, um, Hendrixy? rhythm on the neck p/up to a thick saturated rhythm or lead on the bridge humbucker. No other higher gain stomp Ive tried would do this without sounding muddy with the guitar volume turned down.

It can go from quite clean to quite saturated high gain. I think it probably stops a bit short of modern metal. Thats ok, so do I.

The down sides of it are its blue LED and its shiny chrome case.

Dont need to have GAS to keep buying guitar related gear.....Slammer :)

Just picked up the MI Audio Tube Zone. Ive been looking for a higher gain OD/Dist for a while and some how kept overlooking the Tube Zone.

Its got lots of eq tricks and variation contained with in it but the thing that I liked about it was that I could match it to the clean sound and fill in the gaps as I increased the gain where as other higher gain stomps I tried previously have all added something to the core sound that couldnt be dialed out.

The other thing that I like about it is it works well with the volume control of the guitar so that I can go from a funky, um, Hendrixy? rhythm on the neck p/up to a thick saturated rhythm or lead on the bridge humbucker. No other higher gain stomp Ive tried would do this without sounding muddy with the guitar volume turned down.

It can go from quite clean to quite saturated high gain. I think it probably stops a bit short of modern metal. Thats ok, so do I.

The down sides of it are its blue LED and its shiny chrome case.

Cool! I know what you mean about LED's, it seems they are either too bright or hard to see, out of all my stomps the light on my Wilson seems to be the most functional, cool blue LED mounted on the side that isn't shining in your face. Some of the others are so bright I cant see the stomps next to them in the dark.

This thing rocks. Think Im done.

Here's a short and badly recorded clip from our yearly rehearsal which we had on Sunday. In a church. Got two things out of the way in one hit.

The Tone Zone is going into the clean channel of the mesa and I have the loop bypassed. By accident I had the amp on 10w not the usual 100w. It kept up.

I apologise to Led Zep fans, I dont know how that part goes. We've never played it before but the singer wanted to try it. She's the boss.

This was the only spot on an hours worth of recording using a laptop that didnt mush out and get all phasey, or as bad as the rest anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8UEl2MQFdA&feature=youtu.be

Like the guitar voicing... the guitar playing... the singing... the song. Most importantly the concept of a yearly rehersal. I hate to rehearse.

You guys are a LOT heavier than when you played acoustic! (sorry... too obvious?)

We're starting to rehearse for our annual work event. I'm trying to get a Zep tune included and have 'Over the Hills and Far Away' listed right now... not sure it'll have enough interest from the other musicians to learn it's fussy arrangement, tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Like the guitar voicing... the guitar playing... the singing... the song. Most importantly the concept of a yearly rehersal. I hate to rehearse.

You guys are a LOT heavier than when you played acoustic! (sorry... too obvious?)

We're starting to rehearse for our annual work event. I'm trying to get a Zep tune included and have 'Over the Hills and Far Away' listed right now... not sure it'll have enough interest from the other musicians to learn it's fussy arrangement, tho.

Thanks, its a pretty rough recording :D

Well, the yearly rehearsal has gone out the window. We are breaking in two new bass players. One works on a mine site and does 6 days on 6 off(12hr days) and so cant be there for every gig, and the other is an 18yr old guy who while quite an accomplished player has no real performance time behind his wicked ability.

So for their benefit we are having seperate rehearsals for each. The 18yr old is going to be a monster player by the time hes finished. Its nice to be part of his journey. Ive known him since he was about 13-14 and watched him take huge leaps.

Before we were an acoustic type band we were very modern hard rock. Im trying to direct it into a more harder bluesy rock thing. I feel like I need to plant feet and let rip for a while. I would like to play me for once before I hit 50 :)

As for the MI Audio Tube Zone, it really is something Ive been looking for for a long time and it seems weird it took so long to find it. I disregarded it out right without trying it a few years ago because of reviews on different forums and because of the chrome casing!!!! sheesh!!

• 3 months later...

4 months now.

This stomp has pretty much stayed on the board being used as both medium gain and higher gain stomp up until I got this

http://www.heritageo...dered-a-new-od/ a couple of months ago. Now I just use it for higher gain stuff. It does both well but not as well at lower gain stuff as the Jetter.

Using it through a fender combo and 212 cab there are really no songs or styles that I would like to play that I cant and do so with a good authentic sound. So happy happy joy joy.

It has some Marshallesque sounds through to Mesarish sounds depending on tone, mid, body and brightness settings. Very tweakable.

This pedal stays.

We have been doing a couple songs where a synth would be great, currently I'm debating on selling some surplus stuff and buying one of these.

http://www.earthquak...itcommander.htm

Actually thinking more this one now. :icon_jokercolor:

http://www.earthquak...shop/organizer/

Ive been mucking around with all the Earthquaker devices, theyre all pretty cool, the two you put links up for are stand outs. Wiggy things in a cool way.

Ive got a Dispatch Master arriving hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for putting the links up.

Ive been mucking around with all the Earthquaker devices, theyre all pretty cool, the two you put links up for are stand outs. Wiggy things in a cool way.

Ive got a Dispatch Master arriving hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for putting the links up.

No problem. Does the shop your working at stock them?

I ended up with the Organizer and it's great for what it does. Not something you will have on for ever song like a good OD or Delay, but when you do step on it it's really cool.

No problem. Does the shop your working at stock them?

I ended up with the Organizer and it's great for what it does. Not something you will have on for ever song like a good OD or Delay, but when you do step on it it's really cool.

Yes we do, we also now stock Jetter.

The Organizer and Bit Commander sold me on Earthquaker Devices.

Archived