Heritage Owners Club

pair of cerwin vega ER123 12's, what amp/cab?

bolero

so I've had this pair of 12" Cerwin Vega ER123's kicking around for ages, I'm trying to think of a cab or amp to put them in?

I know there is a lot of speculation about Duane Allman using these with a smallbox marshall

for a while I had them in my SF twin reverb and they did sound fantastic...then I sold the amp, with the original Utah's put back in

so they've been boxed up since...problem is I don't have any more 2x12 amps

I really like that 2x12 NoNameBand had built to bluesbreaker ext cab spec's...that would be a cool project

or maybe I'll get a jtm45/bluesbreaker combo & stick them in...

anyone else got any ideas? figured I'd throw this out there & get some input

thx!!

...You almost had it dead on...

Stick those in a bluesbreaker or Dumble style cab. Do NOT use these in a combo amp, even though you were successful with your Twin Reverb. The volumes which make those speakers happiest will shake the good life out of any tubes next to them..

My old Peavey Mace 2/12 combo cab is finger jointed, very well made, bet quite a few of the old Peavey 2/12 cabs are, block the amp slot with a home made baffle, I used the Mace's lower back baffle to cover the amp slot and it works and looks fine. fab your baffle for the back , get a can of flat black spray paint, install speakers and jack plate and yer done.

Archived