Heritage Owners Club

New Stomp

Trouble

I"ve been looking for something to do synth like sounds and octaves, looked at a lot of different things, EH POG, the bit commander by Earthquaker Devices, but I ended up going with the Organizer from Earthquaker Devices.

The cool factor is way up there with this stomp, it's not one of those things that is "transparent", it doesn't let the "natural" sound of your guitar shine through, but it sounds amazing. It will do an octave up or an octave down or both, and when doing both there is also a "choir" pot that will add aditional octaves, all sound pretty much like an old pipe organ. It has a much warmer and organic sound than anything else I looked at, even though there is nothing like your guitar coming out the other side, what is coming out is very nice, even has a bit of a Leslie type trail at the end. Putting drives in front of it just increases the warmth and sustain, and it did well for me with a chorus and trem stacked with it.(one at a time) I'm sure it's not for everybody, but I really like it.

Here is a clip from PGS

Guest HRB853370

Pretty neat, making your git sound like a pipe organ. I could dig a box like that! What do they run?

Pretty neat, making your git sound like a pipe organ. I could dig a box like that! What do they run?

$185 on the net, ordered mine from PGS. It's easy to get caught up in what it does and every setting sounds good.

I was actually gonna buy the Bit Commander, which is just a monophonic synth, but the idea that this would track whole chords is what sold my on this one, it's really cool, everything you play through it sounds good and it will inspire you to play organ like parts whether you want to or not.

Songs like"Uprising" And "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" anything with a keyboard or string part. Was using an octave fuzz then my bass player stole it. Thos works better though.

Had a true to life 12 string sound also I listened to several of the clips and ordered one. I'm thinking "Hotel California" but it will do a lot of farther out stuff also. Should be fun to play around with.

Had a true to life 12 string sound also I listened to several of the clips and ordered one. I'm thinking "Hotel California" but it will do a lot of farther out stuff also. Should be fun to play around with.

Yeah if you do just an octave up or down it's a little more like your guitar times 2, and a little less like an organ, but it's when you have them both going and the "choir" knob turned up a little is where it really shines.

Archived