Heritage Owners Club

got the small amp

koula901

Just want to pass along a little tip. I got a new used amp that sounds great. I thought it was a tube amp, but it's not. It's a Peavey Audition 110, 2 channel - 1 clean, 1 high gain, EQ pots, weighs only 20 lbs, got it for only $49 at GC. It's mighty dusty, I have to clean it up. I first demo'd the Mustang Mini, and then Mustang 1. This peavey one has a 10" speaker, open back, and gives a tone similar to my FB Jr. No effects, very simple/easy to operate, has a headphone jack. Any ol' fart can operate it, nothing complex to figure out. Simple is good - in my case :D. Although rated at 20 watts, its no where near as loud as the FB Jr, but then, you knew it wouldn't be, because its solid state, but certainly is plenty loud for practice, and quiet jam sessions. I'm very happy with this purchase. Although not fancy, for me, if it has good tone, I love it. After I clean it up a bit, I'll post a pic. Also, made in the good old USA.

Guest HRB853370

Just want to pass along a little tip. I got a new used amp that sounds great. I thought it was a tube amp, but it's not. It's a Peavey Audition 110, 2 channel - 1 clean, 1 high gain, EQ pots, weighs only 20 lbs, got it for only $49 at GC. It's mighty dusty, I have to clean it up. I first demo'd the Mustang Mini, and then Mustang 1. This peavey one has a 10" speaker, open back, and gives a tone similar to my FB Jr. No effects, very simple/easy to operate, has a headphone jack. Any ol' fart can operate it, nothing complex to figure out. Simple is good - in my case :D. Although rated at 20 watts, its no where near as loud as the FB Jr, but then, you knew it wouldn't be, because its solid state, but certainly is plenty loud for practice, and quiet jam sessions. I'm very happy with this purchase. Although not fancy, for me, if it has good tone, I love it. After I clean it up a bit, I'll post a pic. Also, made in the good old USA.

Congratulations on the new used amp. Yes, good that Peavey has not sold out to China (yet). I have 3 Peavey guitar amps and 1 Peavey bass amp, all made in good ole Mississippi Delta. Both of my PV solid state trans-tube amps are great. Even DB complimented the sound of my Express 112 with a 535 plugged into it. Its a little on the heavy side so it doesnt exactly fall into the practice amp category, but its the smallest lightest amp I own!!! Which is why I took it to PSP. Now if I can just track down who unplugged the cable and absconded with it Thursday night.....

Yeah, I wonder if there's something about the 10" speaker, too. My FB Jr with the 12" speaker sounds BIGGER, but the Peavey just sounds sweeter, taking out a little of the high-end harshness.

Good move, Koula!

Ain't nothin' wrong with Peavey gear, especially their amps. They make their own speakers too. That gives them to opportunity to match them with their amps to get the most out of them.

Enjoy that little tone monster.

Since this is turning into a Peavey love fest....

I've got a 212 cab with "Scorpions" in it. Just freakin' loud gainey mothers!

Sounds great when driven by my Lanilei, which is intended as a Plexi oriented 6-pack sized practice amp. (Plexirocker agreed it did well in that regard)

Anyone know what head Peavey had in mind when they were making these in the 80's? Cab is an absolute beast. Weighs a ton.

Congratulations on the new used amp. Yes, good that Peavey has not sold out to China (yet). I have 3 Peavey guitar amps and 1 Peavey bass amp, all made in good ole Mississippi Delta. Both of my PV solid state trans-tube amps are great. Even DB complimented the sound of my Express 112 with a 535 plugged into it. Its a little on the heavy side so it doesnt exactly fall into the practice amp category, but its the smallest lightest amp I own!!! Which is why I took it to PSP. Now if I can just track down who unplugged the cable and absconded with it Thursday night.....

wow, that's the smallest amp you have? I thought the Deluxe Reverb might of been a hair smaller. Not sure about the weight though.

Got an early 90s' Bandit 112 that sounds pretty darn good. Peavey always gets a bum rap. Most of their new stuff is made overseas now. Mostly the low end stuff that is.

Yeah, Dave, Peavey's had a bum rap for decades, and there are a lot of good peavey amps out there. A lot of the old amps are still holding up, and they were made right here.

Got an early 90s' Bandit 112 that sounds pretty darn good. Peavey always gets a bum rap. Most of their new stuff is made overseas now. Mostly the low end stuff that is.

About half their line is still made in the US. The Classic series, Tour VB-2, 6505 series, 3120 series, XXX series, Custom series, Penta series, Pro VB-3 and Nashville are all made in the US.

Archived