Heritage Owners Club

Fender G-DEC 3.0 Thirty For $125 At Hello Music

This was on my Hello Music e-mail today.

A new Fender G-DEC 3.0 Thirty amp for $125.

I played one of these at a Volkswagen press event (Don't ask) and I was impressed. It has a lot of interesting loops and tones in it. If you live in an apartment or need to practice at night, this is a nice choice. Kind of a Line 6 plus.

Boy am I bummed!

I just bought one of those from GC on Sunday.Paid $149.00 I thought it was a great deal! Hasn't even gotten here yet and there's 1 at a cheaper price.

Maybe I'll call and ask for a price match.

Probably not. I got it for my grandson to take when he goes back to school. I think it will work out fine. Even if I did pay 25 bucks too much.

The G-DECs are great amps for jamming to a variety of backing tracks with a great variety of amp and effects tones. I bought my third one last fall, the G-DEC3 Thirty, blues version with mostly blues- and jazz-based tracks. The $149.00 is still a great deal even if you can't get the $125.00 price, compared to what they were selling for just a few months ago. With these amps, one can just practice or improvise as long as you want, with the benefit of backing that sounds like a combo.

Guest HRB853370

The G-DECs are great amps for jamming to a variety of backing tracks with a great variety of amp and effects tones. I bought my third one last fall, the G-DEC3 Thirty, blues version with mostly blues- and jazz-based tracks. The $149.00 is still a great deal even if you can't get the $125.00 price, compared to what they were selling for just a few months ago. With these amps, one can just practice or improvise as long as you want, with the benefit of backing that sounds like a combo.

Why would somebody need 3? Do you have a Delta Blues for sale?

Why would somebody need 3? Do you have a Delta Blues for sale?

Each of the G-DECs I own are a little different, as one follows the numbers. The G-DEC (original) is 15 watts with an 8" speaker. The G-DEC 30 is 30 watts with a 10" speaker, but I run it through either a 12" or a 2-12 cab using an ABY foot switch. Then the G-DEC3 Thirty has a 10" speaker along with a high-frequency tweeter, and mine is loaded with all blues, R&B, and a little jazz tracks. Each amp has different backing tracks that can be altered as to keys and tempos and and tones and so on. There are too many features with these amps that can be found elsewhere to run down here, but they certainly have inspired me to play a lot more guitar. I still crank up the Delta Blues (15") for that sound.

Archived