Heritage Owners Club

Morr-Tone disortion pedal, review

koula901

This vid came to me via Vanderbilly this morning. This guy reviews a home-made pedal - can't find any reviews yet, on the internet. Appears to have separate gain stages, where you can get cool high distortion sounds at bedroom levels. The only thing I don't like about it, is it's big size. This won't be going on anyone's mini pedal board. And the guy says that the maker will make this pedal to your specs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yJAvCGqH9CU#!

I just tested that link, a Firefox browser can't open it. If you want to see this pedal review, then just go to You Tube, and search Morr-Tone Pedal Review.

I'm thinking if I ever need more gain I'm going with a Barber Dirty Bomb, nothing Barber I've tried has ever dissapointed.

You ever try one Jeff?

I'm thinking if I ever need more gain I'm going with a Barber Dirty Bomb, nothing Barber I've tried has ever dissapointed.

You ever try one Jeff?

I have a Dirty Bomb, maybe two years now. Have to say it dissapointed me, tried it with multiple guitars and never found a "sweet spot" with it. Seemed to be fizzy and lacking in sustain. It's been a long time since I used it.

You ever try one Jeff?

Yes, I bought one on the recommendation of a guy who was selling me a Caitlandbread DLS.

I didnt keep it, it didnt work out for me. Neither did the DLS.

You have to be mindful that the following pedals didnt work out for me either:

Anything by I tried from Wampler.

Zendrive

Timmy

OCD

Plimsol

Caitlandbread Dirty Little Secret

Fetto Nord

Lovepedal Kanji

" " Kalamazoo

Plus quite a few other reall good and really popular ods/distortions and some really good delays.

Stomps that survive after a long drawn out period of a/b tests or a/b/c/d/e/f/.........tests were:

Xotic BB pre

Danelectro transparent overdrive v1

MI Audio Tube Zone

Boss DD7 or TC Flashback.

Im just trying to high light that what I really dig or dislike means little. :)

You must have some discriminating tastes Jeff. There were some high dollar pedals on your list you sold and some budget models you kept...

"undescriminating tastes" maybe a better term Josh :)

But yeah, once the dust had settled I was surprised at what was left on the board and what had departed.

Also surprised how similar a lot of them sounded.

I dont think any thing with a jfet thing stayed, I think theyre all op amp based. I found it to be interesting that everything that had a jfet whojah never made it for me.

I didnt know that they were jfet base until I researched that part of it well after the fact.

Doesnt mean I will reject a jfet based stomp with out trying it in the future.

You must have some discriminating tastes Jeff. There were some high dollar pedals on your list you sold and some budget models you kept...

I think he has a sound in his head that is different from what other people have in there heads. He has definately culled some high end stuff. The thing is though, a lot of people buy stuff because it's what everybody else is talking about. Jeff get's my respect for not just following whatever trend is in fashion.

I haven't ever played a Dirty Bomb, I've tried a couple Barber pedals and loved them, and my Direct Drive may be my favorite pedal, I assumed I would like the Dirty Bomb because of that, might not have been the best way to buy a pedal, as far as dirt though, I think I got it covered.

hey that original pedal review Koula poasted is interesting, Morris amps is known for very high quality amps I didn't know he made pedals

( well I guess that is basically a preamp section put into a pedal )

http://www.morrisamps.com/

one of my favorite pedals is an original old blue & black H&K tubeman, I use it a lot for bedroom noodling as it gets some great low volume sounds

Archived