Heritage Owners Club

Colonial mod question

Sugar

Has anyone heard of a mod where you put a master volume connected in to the ohm/impendance thingy on the back of the amp? One head i'm looking at has this done to it, apparently reversible. Also they said when the master is cranked to it's completely up the volume is turn off/is off.

Has anyone heard of a mod where you put a master volume connected in to the ohm/impendance thingy on the back of the amp? One head i'm looking at has this done to it, apparently reversible. Also they said when the master is cranked to it's completely up the volume is turn off/is off.

This sounds like an attenuator to me - and if not, I would advise reversing the mod and using an attenuator in it's stead.

By chance have any pictures of this amp that shows the mod that might help clarify what exactly they did?

I think I'm a little confused as well - perhaps it's just a typical master volume but they added a hole next to the impedance selector... or removed the impedance selector and put a master volume in it's place? Or maybe they just added a pentode/triode mode/half power switch? Sorry, just racking my brain trying to think what he might have done!

Regardless... if Buzzy did it, I'm sure what ever it is was done right...and if not, the Colonial is still a stupendous amp and if it's not a good mod than it's quite easily reversed!

Archived