Heritage Owners Club

Small Volume Pedal, Small Wah Pedal

koula901

Hi guys,

I ordered these back in July, from Thomann.de (the British cyber store) and they just got here yesterday. I believe it's German technology, made in West Siberia, Russia. The wah pedal is called The Japanese Girl a JFET fx pedal and the volume pedal is called Little Loudmouth Optical Volume Pedal. They're from AMT Electronics. They're both the size and weight of a boss pedal, but to my ears they sound every bit as good as any other volume and wah that I've used, TONS lighter and smaller; and so far, they seem Boss-pedal sturdy. Technology has finally caught up to our needs, folks, no more hugh behemoths to lug around, we're finally in the 21st century. One of the cool things is, they both work on 9v power, although, if you want, you can hook up a 12v, but they seem to work just fine on 9v. I swear, the volume pedal works even better than my Hilton - I can shut the volume *completely* off (where I couldn't with the Hilton) - and about half the price, too. The wah has a nice, clear, wide vocal range without adding any of the harsh top end. Both have 3 selections.

The trouble I always have with my boards is getting the wah to cooperate with my high gain pedal; I have more experimenting to do, but so far, no problems.

Here's a link to the vol. pedal: http://www.thomann.de/gb/amt_llm_1.htm

Here's a a demo of the wah:

!

That looks like a tiny pedal. How big is it?

exactly as big as a Boss pedal - may be a tad bit less wide. Light too!

Oh, and they're both true bypass.

That looks really cool. Since the volume is active, I'm thinking you could also use it to overdrive the amp a bit, have you tried that?

Ah, nope, haven't tried that, I'm not sure it could really act as a boost - maybe with a 12 volt power supply attached to it? I just use it for swells and to reduce the sound. It will clean up any overdrive sound thats kicked on, by reducing the volume.

Archived