Heritage Owners Club

New Pedalboard

koula901

Hi Folks,

As you know, I bought two new pedals, which enabled me to downsize to a smaller board (pedaltrain jr). The signal chain is: guitar, tuner, alpha drive (low gain), superplex (high gain), Chubb (fuzz), AMT Volume (yellow); Japanese Girl Wah (purple), Carbon Copy Delay, Myth Fx (trem, phaser, shifter, flanger, reverb), to the amp. With this new order, I can do volume swells or bring the whole volume down without affecting the dirt pedals, and if I want to reduce the dirt, I would use the volume pots on the guitar. Best of both worlds. Here's a pic:

post-1759-0-99275400-1348764804_thumb.jpg

The Myth Fx is a great pedal if you don't use chorus/flange/etc. etc. a lot (which I don't) but you have the effects at your disposal for the occasional surf tune that might need trem, or Heart song that needs flange. If you use modulation effects a lot, I would recommend separate pedals, if one were to be gigging, that way, the effects are immediately available without having to bend over and remember how to switch to the next modulation effect. For me, its just fine.

Nice looking board, Katy!! It seems like mine changes everyday..But right now I'm running my git into a Janglebox, Blackout Tuner, Visual Sound Clean Boost, (which I LOVE!!) then a MXR Badass Modified Overdive, into my 59 Gibsonette GA-8.. Great Sustain on the cleans, and a nice gritty crunch for solos.. :icon_smile:

Bravo! There's a well thought out and engineered board. It looks like you have roadies to handle it. Well done!

I like it. I've been thinking of splitting my board into 2 seperate boards, some stuff I use constantly and some stuff I use occasionally, and some times it's hard to get to all of it.

Completed by GT cables, no less! Only the best! Thanks, Greg. The cable you just sent is going from the Chubb Up to the AMT Vol. pedal.

Wow! You called that cable length on the nose. Yours is the cleanest one I've seen here. Of course, with those cables, it's obviously the best sounding too. :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

I like it. I've been thinking of splitting my board into 2 seperate boards, some stuff I use constantly and some stuff I use occasionally, and some times it's hard to get to all of it.

Or, you could split them up according to functionality, e.g., a quick grab 'n' go with only the essentials, like a pedaltrain mini board that only holds 4 or 5 pedals; then, have the bigger board for gigs. What I like about this medium sized board, it's light enough to be a grab 'n' go, but complete with any effect I'll ever need.

The Myth Fx is a great pedal if you don't use chorus/flange/etc. etc. a lot (which I don't) but you have the effects at your disposal for the occasional surf tune that might need trem, or Heart song that needs flange. If you use modulation effects a lot, I would recommend separate pedals, if one were to be gigging, that way, the effects are immediately available without having to bend over and remember how to switch to the next modulation effect. For me, its just fine.

I keep a tremolo and reverb pedal on the board. Others would only be for fun while practicing. Which is why this seems neat. At that size, you can have it along just because.

I keep a tremolo and reverb pedal on the board. Others would only be for fun while practicing. Which is why this seems neat. At that size, you can have it along just because.

At that size, you could even mount it sideways, somewhere on your board, if squeezed for space.

Archived