Heritage Owners Club

Pulled the trigger, DT25 is headed my way!

Bonefish

The price on the DT25's at Guitar Center just dropped from ~$1000 to $850. They also have a sale going on which provides an extra $150 (the sale excludes Line 6, but if you ask nicely they'll include it anyway). So, just ordered a DT25 from Guitar Center for $700. I have an HD500 which I've been running in to the back of my Tweaker (effects loop return only). I still get the power amp, but miss the pre-amp tubes in this setup. With the DT25 I'll actually get to run one cable into the amp and it will manage the routing of the tone so that it hits pre-amp, power amp and such all in the right order.

This post is a mess, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty excited. This gives me the simplicity I want while still letting me have some tube amp joy! Not the ideal, "perfect tone", setup; but a very flexible rig with tone that I can really get excited about. Woot!

The price on the DT25's at Guitar Center just dropped from ~1000 to 850. They also have a sale going on which provides an extra 150 (the sale excludes Line 6' date=' but if you ask nicely they'll include it anyway). So, just ordered a DT25 from Guitar Center for 700. I have an HD500 which I've been running in to the back of my Tweaker (effects loop return only). I still get the power amp, but miss the pre-amp tubes in this setup. With the DT25 I'll actually get to run one cable into the amp and it will manage the routing of the tone so that it hits pre-amp, power amp and such all in the right order.

This post is a mess, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty excited. This gives me the simplicity I want while still letting me have some tube amp joy! Not the ideal, "perfect tone", setup; but a very flexible rig with tone that I can really get excited about. Woot![/quote']

that combo + processor is supposed to be just sick. even moreso if you have the variax

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Will - it's a digital modeling amplifier that leverages some tubes in the power amp stage to warm up the tone. It's made to work with the HD500 which is a modeling pedal.

The pedals and amp are all digital (except power amp) and so it doesn't provide the same tonal joy as a pure analog setup, but it provides tremendous flexibility and great tone at a reasonable price.

Guest HRB853370

Google is your friend, Will.

http://line6.com/dt25/

You caught me-I am lazy.

Will - it's a digital modeling amplifier that leverages some tubes in the power amp stage to warm up the tone. It's made to work with the HD500 which is a modeling pedal.

The pedals and amp are all digital (except power amp) and so it doesn't provide the same tonal joy as a pure analog setup, but it provides tremendous flexibility and great tone at a reasonable price.

Thanks John

The amp was supposed to arrive today, but our UPS driver decided that since there wasn't a suite number on box she wouldn't bother trying to deliver (i'm in a small office building that has our business name and suite number on wall in main lobby. Anyhow, waiting another day. Bummer.

As a quick update, the combination of the HD500 with the DT25 is really cool. The pre-amp stage on the DT25 is digital, but the power amp stage is analog. What's cool about this is that I switch between amp models it will actually change the analog characteristics of the amp (e.g. Switch from fixed bias to cathode biased or from class A to Class A/B etc). This means sometimes it's a loud 25 watt amp and sometimes it is a 10 watt amp and so levels and such vary accordingly. However, that's not too difficult to manage.

I'm loving that I select the amp I want on my pedal board, and the amp changes modes accordingly. I don't have to think about it, it just works. To my ears, the tones are great too. Very happy with the selection and looking forward to getting to know it better.

As a quick update, the combination of the HD500 with the DT25 is really cool. The pre-amp stage on the DT25 is digital, but the power amp stage is analog.

The poweramp section actually has a 12AX7 in it, too, to work with the digital preampsection, along with the EL84s!

I worked for Line 6 and was actually the test lead in charge of the DT series, POD HD series, Tyler Variax, and the guitar wireless systems. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Edit: Quick note, when you're using your HD500 via L6Link to control the DT25, be sure to use the "Pre" models :)

The poweramp section actually has a 12AX7 in it, too, to work with the digital preampsection, along with the EL84s!

I worked for Line 6 and was actually the test lead in charge of the DT series, POD HD series, Tyler Variax, and the guitar wireless systems. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Edit: Quick note, when you're using your HD500 via L6Link to control the DT25, be sure to use the "Pre" models :)

Awesome, I'll definitely be in touch with some questions. Right now I'm still getting my feet wet. Figuring out how to get consistent levels set and figuring out what I need to tweak in the configurations to get tone where I want it.

Archived