Heritage Owners Club

Incoming used Raezers Edge Twin 8 cab

tsp17

Got a very nice price on eBay. This one was made back in the day by Rich Raezer himself. Jeff Hale took over after Rich died a few years back. I have a Raezers Edge Stealth 10 that Jeff's team made and i love it. The Twin 8 is supposed to be a little warmer and darker which I would like for my straight ahead jazz sound. Also it is 4ohm which should run nicely with my Acoustc Image Clarus 2r.

http://www.raezers-e...com/p_twin8.htm

raezersedge.jpg

Back panel of the one I bought. Should be here Friday.

Classy!

8's are the "new 12 inch" speaker these days. Folks are building or rebuilding them now that are huge sounding out of quite a variety of materials. Careful attention to cab design yields amazingly full, complex, and musically articulate sounds from them.

I'm real interested to see what you think about a 2x8 cab. I've never used one so, your interpretation will allow a vicarious experiment. Keep us abreast; eh?

I'm real interested to see what you think about a 2x8 cab. I've never used one so, your interpretation will allow a vicarious experiment. Keep us abreast; eh?

Will do! I am out of town for a couple of days so I won't get to try it until Saturday or Sunday.

Excellent cabinet. tone is indeed bigger, and darker and warmer than my 1x10 Raezer's Edge. Also, make my AI play more touch sensitive like a tube amp. Maybe because it is 4 ohm instead of 8? Plays a little less "evenly" than the 1x10, in other words, it is very responsive to dynamics, pick attack, etc. the 1x8 is more forgiving, but less expressive. Will play it more tomorrow and try to give more insights.

the 2x8 is way louder for sure. sits deeper in the mix, after some tweaking got it almost dialed in. i really like it. very portable size and weight. very warm. Straight guitar to Acoustic Image solid state to the cab, it is touch sensitive and rich. Very tube like. with my Plush Valve Job pedal it reflected a nice bit it softness around the edges. With Tim in front of that i got some super fusion sounds.

I still need to work with it a bit to get it just right, but it has satisfied my new amp yearnings. Highly recommend this cab.

Archived