Heritage Owners Club

Whats your fave Heritage amp you've owned/played?

Sugar

I'm in the same boat as you Sugar. Have the Britton II, would like to add the Colonial. Let us know what you think!

Guest HRB853370

I'm about to ad a COlonial to my Briton II. Can't wait.

Never had or played through one. Am I missing anything? What would make these superior than any other p2p wired amp? Or is it just perception because of the Heritage nameplate?

Never had or played through one. Am I missing anything? What would make these superior than any other p2p wired amp? Or is it just perception because of the Heritage nameplate?

I don't know what would make them superior to other boutique or p2p handwired amps as i haven't played many except vintage fenders and maybe Dr.Zs. I really like the rich tone of my Briton and it seems to be really solidly built, really no reason to be unhappy about it. Nice construction, great sound.

I'm about to ad a COlonial to my Briton II. Can't wait.

I've only played through a Colonial which i recently purchased and as I'm learning the amp the one word that screams out to me is WOW!

Congrats on the addition.

not p2p, handwired using turret board(s). every aspect of construction & materials is superior. e.g., head shells & cabs use selected woods & birch ply, through-dovetail joining (compare to all other builders). transformers are custom-spec'd by Paul Cochrane and from Merc Mag or Heyboer. actual internal connections, lead dressing, layout are as good as it gets. Graham @ Wolfe's told me after a visit that everybody on their (small) staff was a player and after an amp was finished it was played & critiqued by everyboody, then tweaked or approved.

OP: i'd have to say my Colonial. patented power supply (again, Paul Cochrane), negative feedback control, blendable 2-vol controls, user bias points in back. just a great amp with classic sounds and great feel. loves pedals.

love the Victory. love the Briton II, 'specially w/Heritage cab (2x12, Celestion Blues). but the Colonial is just "right" for me. onliest other amp like that is my Juke Coda, which is very different in sound.

anyway...have a great weekend, all. go, Giants :)

Guest HRB853370

not p2p, handwired using turret board(s). every aspect of construction & materials is superior. e.g., head shells & cabs use selected woods & birch ply, through-dovetail joining (compare to all other builders). transformers are custom-spec'd by Paul Cochrane and from Merc Mag or Heyboer. actual internal connections, lead dressing, layout are as good as it gets. Graham @ Wolfe's told me after a visit that everybody on their (small) staff was a player and after an amp was finished it was played & critiqued by everyboody, then tweaked or approved.

OP: i'd have to say my Colonial. patented power supply (again, Paul Cochrane), negative feedback control, blendable 2-vol controls, user bias points in back. just a great amp with classic sounds and great feel. loves pedals.

love the Victory. love the Briton II, 'specially w/Heritage cab (2x12, Celestion Blues). but the Colonial is just "right" for me. onliest other amp like that is my Juke Coda, which is very different in sound.

anyway...have a great weekend, all. go, Giants :)

Too bad they are not readily available. Go Tigers.

I just closed the deal and they are shipping the amp out to me strating Monday.

What are "negative feedback control" and "user bias points"?

I just closed the deal and they are shipping the amp out to me strating Monday.

What are "negative feedback control" and "user bias points"?

the Marshall JTM45 (& "Bluesbreaker" combo) & '59 Fender tweed Bassman used the same circuit. only diffs are components, speakers & wiring, amount of negative feedback. the MOOD control on the Colonial allows to select either (fully CW or fully CCW) or dial in something in between. (i like around 1 o'clock, typically)

there are three ports in the back of the chassis for digital multimeter probes and a control to adjust the bias of tubes. you can use EL34s, any 6L6-type (i like 5881s, some like KT66s, etc.), or others. you can do your own bias without removing the chassis & without inadvertently toasting yrself in the process

That sounds complicated. Is it hard?

no, if it was, i wouldn't do it (technically average or (much) less). takes about a minute (not counting 5 mins. for warm-up). Heritage had simple, pretty clear instructions in the booklet.

(also doesn't count removing & installing tubes, which means you remove 4 screws, back panel, then pull & plug in tubes, then reverse when done)

no, if it was, i wouldn't do it (technically average or (much) less). takes about a minute (not counting 5 mins. for warm-up). Heritage had simple, pretty clear instructions in the booklet.

(also doesn't count removing & installing tubes, which means you remove 4 screws, back panel, then pull & plug in tubes, then reverse when done)

Still french. Do you know where I could downlaod a pdf of the booklet? I'm doubting mine will come with one.

Whoa...

Should the lady on the left look familiar? Both beauties bellied up to a Colonial! Man...

I'm in lust!

You are the man RJ.

Can anyone reccomend some speakers or a cheap cab i could get to go with this. Don't really have a lot of dough to spend unless i sell my Epi Byrdland.

"cheap" being relative, i could recommend something from Peter Mather (www.mathercab.com) and a Jensen Tornado (maybe $150 for the speaker). Peter's cabs are among the best & cost relatively little (IMHO). he was the cab guy for Heritage.

Awesome pic Skydog.....Where did you get the Heritage guitar strap?

Thanks Todd. Lane Zastrow used to sell Heritage swag but discontinued it.

They are hard to find now.

My favorite is my Heritage Patriot. Best amp I've ever had, second to none, and I have some pretty awesome amps. Love them all, but if I could only keep one, it would be the Patriot.

Archived