Heritage Owners Club

Whats your fave Heritage amp you've owned/played?

Sugar

So the COlonial i bought has a post phase inverter master volume. I think the tech who did it went through one of the extension jacks and used a "two in one" pot or something like that. Anyone speaking this language? Hope it doesn't suck tone. :)

Just got off the phone with paul c asking him about the master volume and stuff. Super nice guy. Interestingly enough he told me his favorite Heritage amp was the last few Patriots they sold just before Heritage Amplification was shut down. He said they only made very very few of them maybe 4? Anyways he said it had the blackface clean when turned down, and when cranked had that marshall breakup/crunch.

Just got off the phone with paul c asking him about the master volume and stuff. Super nice guy. Interestingly enough he told me his favorite Heritage amp was the last few Patriots they sold just before Heritage Amplification was shut down. He said they only made very very few of them maybe 4? Anyways he said it had the blackface clean when turned down, and when cranked had that marshall breakup/crunch.

what did Paul have to say about the master vol setup?

what did Paul have to say about the master vol setup?

He said (how i remember it) that if it was done right it should be ok, and if it is to shrill or fizzy I could add a cut knob like a vox has. He seemed supportive of the idea!

interesting re the Patriot, which i've tried & is a great amp. IIRC i played a 2x12 & a 1x12. about a year before they closed Paul told me his favorite design was the Victory head. those last 4 Pats must be pretty darn good.

if you get a chance, post a quick snap of the master vol control. only picture i get in my mind is using one or two of the speaker outs in the back (there are 3 double rows of 1/4" output jacks (16ohms, 8ohms, 4ohms))

interesting re the Patriot, which i've tried & is a great amp. IIRC i played a 2x12 & a 1x12. about a year before they closed Paul told me his favorite design was the Victory head. those last 4 Pats must be pretty darn good.

if you get a chance, post a quick snap of the master vol control. only picture i get in my mind is using one or two of the speaker outs in the back (there are 3 double rows of 1/4" output jacks (16ohms, 8ohms, 4ohms))

yeah surprised me too about the Patriot. Maybe just where there were so few of those Patriots he mentions the Victory head as his favorite.

I will take a pic for you.

a beauty. i don't recall seeing a MOOD control on the Pats i played. do recall one having 3-knob reverb. does the master-vol Colonial have an extra knob installed on the front or use speaker-out ports in the back?

a beauty. i don't recall seeing a MOOD control on the Pats i played. do recall one having 3-knob reverb. does the master-vol Colonial have an extra knob installed on the front or use speaker-out ports in the back?

Speaker outputs. It arrives today, should land soon. I'll post pics.

Archived