Heritage Owners Club

What Was I Thinking?!

schundog

Peavey has been a great value amp for me too. It's a shame you didn't bring it home first. But a shop owner told me once, a guitar can't play the blues unless it spent the night in the pawn shop. Wonder if the same goes for amps?

This shop owner gave me a copy of this print. Sorry for the glare, it says "if it ain't been in a pawn shop, it can't play the Blues."http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/100_9106.jpg[/img]"]http://100_9106.jpg

Well, all but one of my Heritage guitars came off the auction block, they weren't exactly sold down the river but they certainly came from all over the lower 48. That is one absolutely amazing photo, Schundog. A million words and licks worth of story all over that man in that one. Wow.

I'll take all my guitars to a pawn shop now, so they can play the blues. I ain't leaving them there, only taking them for a brief visit, to meet the requirement: they just need to have been in a pawn shop.

I still have one of the 50 watt combo's and it has been a very solid usable amp. It has played a ton of gigs, has had at least a case of beer spilled in it, and is still going strong. If it ever goes down, It will be re born as a point to point amp, and I may even try to recreate the original circuit.

My only regret with buying it is that I could have bought one of the heads instead for about the same price. I bought as an at home practice amp and then ended up gigging it a lot, if I had known I would be gigging it so much the head would have been a better purchase.

If you decide to keep it, and ever want to upgrade, speakers make a huge difference.

Update: I go to the mall about once a year, and only if I absolutely have to. Definitely not my thing. Well, this morning Wifey insisted we go get a replacement over-the-stove microwave to replace the one that took a dump about a week ago. Off to Sears we went. While there, who do I run into in the appliance section, but Tommy, "my guy" from Monster Pawn. We shake hands, re-introduce the wives, and I ask him if he's seen the Valveking. "Hey, yeah, did we end up getting that thing from you?" I explained his partners "offer," and he scoffed, telling me he'd be in the shop after 1, come in and get my cash asking price. "Ed just doesn't get it sometimes," he said. Wifey and I bought our new appliance, had a nice lunch and crisp fall stroll around my old Alma Mater, Illinois State University, dropped by Monster Pawn and got my money. Wifey hadn't heard the conversation about the amp, as she was already talking to the sales dude about the microwave, and she didn't go into the pawn shop with me (too many wierdos in there, she says; tell me about it, I'm one of them!) so she was surprised when I got back in the van and handed her the cash from the amp. I instructed her to put it in the bank on Monday to go towards the microwave I'd just swiped the debit card for. It's hard for her to be mad at me about buying stuff now and again when I pull crap like that, haha. Not that it matters, but we then circled around the block to a local nursery and bought the girls a couple pumkins to carve when they get home from Grandma's this weekend.

It would have been a cool amp to dink around with or leave at church for awhile, but considering it's weight and power, it was really an impractical piece for me. Fun experience, though.

Guest HRB853370

cool! My 535 came from a pawn shop....now it all makes sense

I am going to pawn ALL my Heritage guitars. Just for one night. Maybe I will be a better bluesman.

Guest HRB853370

Update: I go to the mall about once a year, and only if I absolutely have to. Definitely not my thing. Well, this morning Wifey insisted we go get a replacement over-the-stove microwave to replace the one that took a dump about a week ago. Off to Sears we went. While there, who do I run into in the appliance section, but Tommy, "my guy" from Monster Pawn. We shake hands, re-introduce the wives, and I ask him if he's seen the Valveking. "Hey, yeah, did we end up getting that thing from you?" I explained his partners "offer," and he scoffed, telling me he'd be in the shop after 1, come in and get my cash asking price. "Ed just doesn't get it sometimes," he said. Wifey and I bought our new appliance, had a nice lunch and crisp fall stroll around my old Alma Mater, Illinois State University, dropped by Monster Pawn and got my money. Wifey hadn't heard the conversation about the amp, as she was already talking to the sales dude about the microwave, and she didn't go into the pawn shop with me (too many wierdos in there, she says; tell me about it, I'm one of them!) so she was surprised when I got back in the van and handed her the cash from the amp. I instructed her to put it in the bank on Monday to go towards the microwave I'd just swiped the debit card for. It's hard for her to be mad at me about buying stuff now and again when I pull crap like that, haha. Not that it matters, but we then circled around the block to a local nursery and bought the girls a couple pumkins to carve when they get home from Grandma's this weekend.

It would have been a cool amp to dink around with or leave at church for awhile, but considering it's weight and power, it was really an impractical piece for me. Fun experience, though.

You got all the smooth moves down Brian to keep that marriage intact! You must drink Keystone Light or something! Start calling you "Keith Stone". Marie approved of my Rage 158 purchase. Especially since I sold a $100 Pearl Hi Hat stand last night and handed her the cash!!

You got all the smooth moves down Brian to keep that marriage intact! You must drink Keystone Light or something! Start calling you "Keith Stone". Marie approved of my Rage 158 purchase. Especially since I sold a $100 Pearl Hi Hat stand last night and handed her the cash!!

That's how I paid for a new AC this year....

Nice story. Very slick ending. Goes in a pawn shop with nothing , comes out with cash. A man of mystery.

y2kc

That was a very nice story

Archived