Heritage Owners Club

How Many Amps Does One Woman need?

koula901

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer is 22.

ha, good one, kate!

minimum, five: blackface and tweed fenders, marshall, vox, and a battery travel amp. clones are acceptable and perhaps preferred.

Too. After all, she's worth it.

I'd say 32 amps. At 110 volts.

It'd be about 15 mins until she was cooked all the way through though ;)

Watt? :laughing4::laughing6::laughing8:

Ladies are learning that Amp GAS can be as strong as Guitar GAS. That's a little known sub-chapter of the Equal Rights Ammendment.

Indeed, that's where I'm at, now that I have all the guitars I need.

ha, good one, kate!

minimum, five: blackface and tweed fenders, marshall, vox, and a battery travel amp. clones are acceptable and perhaps preferred.

I like your answer, Larry - you seem to have it broken down by type of sound, and that makes sense. Which amp is your Marshall clone?

"Just one, it's called the Axe-Fx. With that you will have any amp you can possibly desire."

This is the most rational solution, but I don't see me going down this road.

Let's see...

Kustom Defender V50

Kustom Defender V15

KBP built 5F1

Carvin MB10 (bass)

ZT Lunchbox

ZT Lunchbox Jr.

Mahaffay HiLo Watt Plexi

So 7. The answer is 7.

PunkKitty: not familiar with the Kustom Defnder amps - how would you describe their sound and what genres of music they'd be good for? British? American?, etc. I think the lunch box style heads are very interesting. I tried a TA 15 based on what I read in other threads, with a matched Mesa cab - and Ch. 1 sounded great - like Tulk1 says: a great AC sound, and without having to have to lift all that weight. It's Ch. 2, however, I found not as good a Marshall sound, esp. after having heard Bolero's sound clip of his Marshall clone.

Ladies are learning that Amp GAS can be as strong as Guitar GAS. That's a little known sub-chapter of the Equal Rights Ammendment.

Indeed we are! Especially after one has all the guitars one wants/needs and realizes that guitars are only half the equation.

PunkKitty: not familiar with the Kustom Defnder amps - how would you describe their sound and what genres of music they'd be good for? British? American?, etc. I think the lunch box style heads are very interesting. I tried a TA 15 based on what I read in other threads, with a matched Mesa cab - and Ch. 1 sounded great - like Tulk1 says: a great AC sound, and without having to have to lift all that weight. It's Ch. 2, however, I found not as good a Marshall sound, esp. after having heard Bolero's sound clip of his Marshall clone.

I'd put the Defenders somewhere between a Marshall and a Fender sound. They are good for just about everything from blues to rock, punk, and metal. I not sure I would categorize the sound as British or American. But they really are capable of just about everything. They do jazz and country well also.

The ZT Lunchbox is a very clean amp. It reminds me of the old Polytones. Excellent for jazz and country but it takes effects well. So it can really be used for just about anything. And it only weighs 9 pounds. The Lunchbox Jr. is a different animal. It breaks up early and really isn't good for jazz. It sounds good for blues or rock. But it's not a clean amp. I haven't tried it through an external cab. The stock speaker is only 5". I suspect that the Jr. would be cleaner through a cabinet. The Jr. weighs 6.8 pounds. I'm waiting on the Mahhafay. Hopefully I'll receive it next week. Kidsmoke has one that he likes. Mine is a different model than his but the specs are similar.

Amp gas is the worst. Cause when you give in to it, having that cool new sound makes your guitars sound different, gets you curious how other guitars you don't have yet would sound through this new amp - or make you realize that a couple you just sold would probably have sounded amazing through this amp - sparking a flareup of guitar gas.

MD

Before I had my sex change, I needed as many as possible. Now, I don't and as most people know, I am 90.1% gas free!

Dang, as ugly a MAN as you are, you must have been BUTT-UGLY as a woman, haha. (Wouldn't we all?!)

Guest HRB853370

Dang, as ugly a MAN as you are, you must have been BUTT-UGLY as a woman, haha. (Wouldn't we all?!)

Ask Bird, he saw me in Sears or someplace like that a few weeks ago...

post-2130-0-56568300-1352687997_thumb.jpg

Take the square root of how many handbags or the cube root of your shoes.

My thoughts exactly. You beat me to it!

If my wife played guitar, that would be about 5.

Amp gas is the worst. Cause when you give in to it, having that cool new sound makes your guitars sound different, gets you curious how other guitars you don't have yet would sound through this new amp - or make you realize that a couple you just sold would probably have sounded amazing through this amp - sparking a flareup of guitar gas.

MD

I had amp gas bad for a while. A few different things fueled it. Part of it was trying to find and understand sounds, part of it was trying to have ownership of those sounds and part of it was insecurity about my own playing and its affect on sound.

After a while I just got over it, its too exhausting.

A favourite local player of mine I went and watched or did a few support gigs with for a while recently never used the same amp at any gig I saw him at. He used cornfords, mesa's, fenders, marshalls, two rocks and a vox the last time. Consistantly he sounded pretty much the same. He sounded good. Didnt matter if he was using a HR deluxe or the two rocks. He just pulled good tones and played well.

Ive talked to him about gear and he is interested in gear but doesnt own an amp!!! everytime I saw him he was borrowing someone elses!!!!

I think it may be his confidence in his own ability to play and play well that keeps him from worrying about finding the right amp.

He is however very fixated on his only guitar, a cs strat, he will talk in great detail about it. After trying every guitar that might interest him locally, he flew over 3000kms to try and find one, and then a further 1000kms approx and finally did find the guitar he was looking for.

I am in awe of that level of obsessiveness. Thats a different kind of gas that Ive never been invoved in. Some sort of higher plane gas.

Mean while i will sit on the fence, have a mild interest in amps but try fixating on my playing more.

Archived