Heritage Owners Club

How Many Amps Does One Woman need?

koula901

He used cornfords, mesa's, fenders, marshalls, two rocks and a vox the last time. Consistantly he sounded pretty much the same. He sounded good. Didnt matter if he was using a HR deluxe or the two rocks. He just pulled good tones and played well.

Ive talked to him about gear and he is interested in gear but doesnt own an amp!!! everytime I saw him he was borrowing someone elses!!!!

I think it may be his confidence in his own ability to play and play well that keeps him from worrying about finding the right amp.

He is however very fixated on his only guitar, a cs strat, he will talk in great detail about it. After trying every guitar that might interest him locally, he flew over 3000kms to try and find one, and then a further 1000kms approx and finally did find the guitar he was looking for.

I am in awe of that level of obsessiveness. Thats a different kind of gas that Ive never been invoved in. Some sort of higher plane gas.

Mean while i will sit on the fence, have a mild interest in amps but try fixating on my playing more.

I made a recent observation of gearmanndude. He usually uses a Dr Maz Z amp - recently he demo'd the AC4 TV - he still sounded like gearmanndude through the Dr Z - the same.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say 32 amps. At 110 volts.

It'd be about 15 mins until she was cooked all the way through though ;)

Take the square root of how many handbags or the cube root of your shoes.

One of each color to match your shoes...

Why, fellas, I'm surprised at your enlightened views!

I like shoes, I have more than my wife. A lot more.

Oh yeah, I just sold an amp on facebook!! what a great thing fb turned out to be. Im putting my PRS up on fb for sale next week!

Theoretically, well, according to the cube root of shoes theory, I should have about 2.8 amps. Ive got more than that but fully intend to get the numbers more in line by buying more shoes if thats what it takes. Either that or I have to sell another 2.2 amps. Which I dont mind doing either.

Im pretty certain some guys and girls on the HOC have more amps than shoes.

Just one, it's called the Axe-Fx. With that you will have any amp you can possibly desire.

+1 winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! For recording this is ALL you need. For live applications, it depends on what type of music you play. But can you ever really go wrong with a 35-40watt Fender and some stomp pedals???

If cost was not an issue....

-a Blackface Fender

-a Tweed

-a Marshall Plexi

-a Vox AC30

-a Dumble clone

-and possible a Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+

If you can't get what tones you are looking for from that group.... then your music doesn't need to be heard!!! LOL

Guest HRB853370

Just one, it's called the Axe-Fx. With that you will have any amp you can possibly desire.

Thats not an amp....its a mimic device!

Thats not an amp....its a mimic device!

NO, it amplifies the signal of the guitar..... it is an "amplifier" as much as any other, but it is not a tube amp.

Then again, it is not a PRS guitar, nor a PRS amp either....

+1 winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! For recording this is ALL you need. For live applications, it depends on what type of music you play. But can you ever really go wrong with a 35-40watt Fender and some stomp pedals???

If cost was not an issue....

-a Blackface Fender

-a Tweed

-a Marshall Plexi

-a Vox AC30

-a Dumble clone

-and possible a Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+

If you can't get what tones you are looking for from that group.... then your music doesn't need to be heard!!! LOL

But you have to like the Axe-Fx. I didnt. I would take the Kemper over the Axe Fx but even that did not ultimately make me hand over the ka'ching and its a lot cheaper over here than the Axe FX.

Theyre both good units and it only comes down to personal preference which one you like more. But they certainly arent for everyone.

And yeah, a fender and some stomps is all I will ever need. But I guess wanting is another thing

Smile - I like the title (and timing) of this thread. Nice one, Katy.

Need: one amp for your favorite sound. For me, a fender deluxe reverb circuit 1x12 combo. Would cover all I need. One good od pedal to match it.

Added convenience: smaller/lighter - like a PR. And a ZT lunchbox so the bike can be ridden to gigs.

Desire: amps from the 50s cause they're affordable unlike their guitar cousins and have a cool factor. And add a tweed and marshall for flavor.

A woman needs the number of amps that she normally takes to a gig. Same for men. Lots of us own many more than that number. So that means that the rest of those amps in various collections were wanted, not needed. But sometimes, the most wanted are out of reasonable reach to get or just plain unavailable...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might just get what you need...

:icon_sunny:

A woman needs the number of amps that she normally takes to a gig. Same for men. Lots of us own many more than that number. So that means that the rest of those amps in various collections were wanted, not needed. But sometimes, the most wanted are out of reasonable reach to get or just plain unavailable...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might just get what you need...

:icon_sunny:

Guess that means I only need one... My back up is my iRig iStomp direct to the PA

Guest HRB853370

NO, it amplifies the signal of the guitar..... it is an "amplifier" as much as any other, but it is not a tube amp.

Then again, it is not a PRS guitar, nor a PRS amp either....

Nor a Heritage, or a Heritage amp either!!

My dear wife keeps one bass amp at the practice studio and one bass amp at home. That way her lug doesn't have to lug.

Horace

Indeed, that's where I'm at, now that I have all the guitars I need.

You really think you have all the guitars you need? I've been saying that for 30 years!! :icon_smile:

You really think you have all the guitars you need? I've been saying that for 30 years!! :icon_smile:

that's so funny! I've been called out more than once on that remark! :D Have faith, young man. Slammer and I are GAS-free. deal with it! :D

Archived