Heritage Owners Club

ZT The Club Amp

Keith7940236

Has anyone played one of these? I recently purchased an used Princeton, but decided to return it. My intention was to get a smaller clean amp to take with me. I didn't feel good about having in the car with the cold weather and the constant bouncing and vibration. I sold my Minibrute because I didn't like the "muddiness" of it, even after installing a new Weber Blue Dog.. With a new Henriksen going for near $1,000.00, these can be had for $549.00. I don't need the modeling of the Cube, thought this may be a good option.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Keith

I have a ZT Lunchbox and a ZT Lunchbox Jr.

The Lunchbox is a very clean sounding amp. It manages to sound clean without sounding sterile. It reminds me of the old Polytone amps. I know someone that has a Club. It sounds exactly as I'd expect it to: similar to the Lunchbox but more open sounding with the 12" speaker. The Jr. has a tendency to distort easily. It's great for rock. But the Lunchbox and the Club can easily handle jazz, country, rock, or whatever you can throw at it. I have no problems recommending ZT amps.

Cool site Jack, which do you have?

All of 'em. Pretty much. I bought the first amp they ever sold and I've bought the new ones as he comes up with them.

The smallest one I played in church for a year, sometimes accidentally leaving it on for a week at a time, and never had any issues.

All of 'em. Pretty much. I bought the first amp they ever sold and I've bought the new ones as he comes up with them.

The smallest one I played in church for a year, sometimes accidentally leaving it on for a week at a time, and never had any issues.

Hmmm... Sounds like a great quality amp you have. What about noise. Is there any hiss when the volume is way up?

• 3 weeks later...

My ZT lunch box is a pretty cool amp. Though I find it's better for a slightly dirty sound, all the way to harsh distortion and takes pedals well. It can get crazy loud for its size. However, playing clean I always get the solid state hummmm.

Nope. Feel free to come down and play one of 'em. Steiner made me a nice case for the five-watter a while back.

JackBaruth was kind enough to "loan" me the amp whilst I sized it for its new clothes. That amp is WAY under priced. I had an absolute great time with it. He nearly didn't get it back!

Archived